PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Libbey pardoned..er sentence commuted

I guess its ok to commit criminal acts if you have high friends in the government.
    I wonder what the conditions of his parole are?

What do you think?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Libbey pardoned..er sentence commuted

I heard about this on the radio this afternoon, but didn't catch any of the details, other than Bush thought the penalty was too "excessive". I'm not at all surprised. Bush has been known all along for his loyalty to his friends. Libby will drag out his appeals for the next two years, and then Bush will grant him a full pardon.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I think I heard the $250,000 fine stays and also the probation. Libby never would have went to "real" prison anyway. Just the Country Club lock up like Martha Stewart. If he had have stayed at the CC prison for the rich and famous he probably could have wrote a book and signed a deal with a book publisher and gotten the 1/4 of a mil back. Prison probably would have been the best for him...
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

What burns my butt is that this will drag out in the courts for the next 2 years, running up the bill for the tax payers. Then at the end of Bush's term, W. will grant Libby a full pardon, and the tax payers will be left holding the bag. If he's going to pardon him, he should do it now and save the tax payers some $, and let the justice system focus on something else.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

\I believe that dubya has given up trying to appear ethical or moral. It's a "what the hell" mentality.

The "excessive sentence" claimed by Bush was based on federal guidelines, guidlines that Bush and Republicans claimed were needed to stop judges from being too lenient. I guess that doesn't apply to criminal buddies of the criminal administration. Bush claimed that he would actively seek out and punish the people who leaked classified information yet at every step he has erected large roadblocks and now has interfered with the only person left.

Democrats have feigned the outrage very well while freely spending their new outrageous salary increases. Republicans, including those running for president, went back to slurp, slurp, slurp mode: licking Bush's butt. What worse outrages will this administration support now that he is free of hoping for any decent legacy?

As I've said before, this administration is the most corrupt in American history and getting worse by the second.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

What amuses me is that Dubya has once again chosen the path that irritates the largest number of people possible. Bush's conservative base is disappointed that Libby wasn't pardoned outright, and the Dems are outraged that he interfered. Touche' Mr. President.*

* paid for by "Anarchists for George Bush" :thumbsup:

- Joe U.

Thread Information