PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: It's official

It's official

Green Bay didn't make the playoffs. We were holding onto a teeny tiny thread of hope, if the Giants lost and Green Bay beat the Bears, and the stars aligned in just the right positions....

Football season ends tonight.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: It's official

Sorry about Green Bay. On the one hand I wanted the skins to win to help the Cowboys, but on the hand I really dislike the skins and was happy to see them lose again.

Is Favre coming back? He is a classy guy (one of the few left in the sports entertainment league) and fun to watch.

Now that Green Bay is out, feel free to route for the Boys on Saturday!

thanks,
    Wes

PS, thanks for the tip on the website.
    Wes

Who are they, where are they, how can they possibly know all the rules?

He said he'd decide in a few weeks, so we'll see.

On the plus side, hockey tickets are cheap in Milwaukee....

Smile Re: It's official

what exactly is hockey?
    Wes

Who are they, where are they, how can they possibly know all the rules?

Hockey is a sport invented by Canadians to prove that we can be superior to our Southern USA friends once in a while =P

It's also the only thing we can do outdoors up here from about October until May .... at least in the small town in Northern Ontario where I grew up it was.

Is it any surprise that there isn't an NFL franchise in Canada yet? The US teams would all be at a disadvantage in the late season playing up here. They'd all be frozen while our boys , you know ...the ones wearing the fur lined jock straps, ran circles around them =)

Sorry bout the Packers Adina.... but ...there's always next season.
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

I think Favre started out as a Falcon, That's where I am from. Atlanta. He will surely end up in the Hall of Fame. And your right he's one class act. I have a lot of respect for the management at Green Bay, letting Favre stay until "HE" decsides it's time to go. You Packer fans are pretty lucky to have had him.
    I got caught up in Hockey a couple of years ago, I can be very entertaining I just don't understand all of the rules. What's the difference between a point and a goal or is there?

Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedon
    Hockey is a sport invented by Canadians to prove that we can be superior to our Southern USA friends once in a while =P

It's also the only thing we can do outdoors up here from about October until May .... at least in the small town in Northern Ontario where I grew up it was.

Is it any surprise that there isn't an NFL franchise in Canada yet? The US teams would all be at a disadvantage in the late season playing up here. They'd all be frozen while our boys , you know ...the ones wearing the fur lined jock straps, ran circles around them =)

Sorry bout the Packers Adina.... but ...there's always next season.
    Hmmmm, I seem to remener being at a Vikings vs Packers game that was pretty darn cold back in the early 70's. I think we had 2 feet of snow during the game too. Of course that was before the HHH Dome. But all the pro teams have to playoutside, and they'd do it in Canada too.
    Anyway, if they had a pro team in Canada all the players would be Americans Not too many bigtime football players in Canada.
    Hockey was a Canadian sport, but now the Canadians are outnumbered by the Americans, who are outnumbered by the Europeans. I am waiting for the day that the Stanley Cup will won a bit differently. The North American Teams will play each other for the North American Championship while the European teams play for the European Championship and the winners of each play for the Stanley Cup. I give it 15-20 years. And like in baseball where you have inter league play, we'll have a two week schedual where north American and Eropean teams play each other as part of their schedual.
    Yeah...the NHL on NBC is going to be back soon! Now if they would just start at the BEGINNING of the season!
    As for us Americans being too cold to play...never happen! I used to play hockey in Duluth MN and we played if it was -29....gee, any wonder I wound up with frostbite on my feet?

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

LOL I've seen tons of football games played in the snow.. heck .. Buffalo gets more snow than where I live and I've been to 3 or 4 games where you couldn't see the field from where we were sitting...gotta love the nosebleed sections...

You're right about there not being too many football players from Canada.. even our own CFL league (which sucks large BTW) has almost all american players. The few Canadian boys we have on the teams are transplants and landed immigrants from warmer places.. like Jamaica and other Carribean places.

As for there being more american player in the NHL than Canadian I have to disagree. It's gettin gclose but there are more Canadian players than American and Europeans .... but like I said.. the race is getting close. American TEAMS however ......well... with your dollar being worth more than our for so long the NHL loves taking the US dollar and bringing it up here for the exchange rates. Even now at 15c on the dollar it's not a bad deal.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are my home team....richest team in the league... sell out every single game... and havn't won the cup in 40 years this year (*sigh* and counting). Here's hoping all my prayers and live chicken / goose nut sacrifices are gonna give us a fighting chance in the play offs.
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

Well, hockey here in Milwaukee is played inside, so no fur lined jock straps.

Football is outside though, we like it that way. Our girls had so much fun at Lambeau field, they've been asking when we're going back. And a game at Lambeau Field is on the list of 100 things to do before you die.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    What's the difference between a point and a goal or is there?...
    Not sure if you're serious here, Greg, but just in case: a goal is what the team scores (hockey scores are always in goals), and a point is what the scoring (or assisting) player is given as a statistic, and is counted towards the season scoring race...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Thread Information