PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Indiana Jones's last crusade

Anyone see it? The actual title is something about a crystal skull, but I was reading an interview with Harrison Ford, and he said yes, that was his last Indiana Jones movie.

We saw it yesterday, and without ruining it for anyone, all I can say is thank God we went to the matinee. Was not worth $9 a ticket. While I love Harrison Ford, and he could play Indy at 30, 50 or 70, the story totally blew.

Don't want to ruin it, so I won't go into details, but we were not impressed. It seemed to campy. The kid was good, tho, and like I said, Harrison Ford was good.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: Indiana Jones's last crusade

I planned on passing on it for now, and maybe renting it when it hit iTunes. It kind of struck me as beating a dead horse right off the bat. Don't get me wrong, I loved the others, but even in the trailers, this one just seems...... tired.

Thanks for the input though.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Hey that was the third one ;)

I thought it was okay. Not the best, maybe better than the first 2. But NOTHING (NOTHING!!) beats Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!!

I actually was lukewarm on the kid (the same kid from Transformers) and I thought for a moment at the end that he was going to be... well... you know. The special effects were too much for me, except the mushroom cloud that was beautifully done. The story was not as interesting as any other Indy movie. It's based on South American lore which most audiences are not going to be as familiar with. Keep it about European history and Christian relics and I think they've got a better storyline. IF they ever make another one!

This one also stank a little too much of overt patriotism for me, why all of a sudden is Indiana Jones' military record being thrown into the movie?
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

I bought tickets for my husband, 9 yo son and 8 yo daughter for opening night. We have a new gorgeous theater in my town. It's called "Uptown". My husband got to the front plaza of the "Uptown" and my daughter proceeded to vomit SEVEN times all over the plaza.

So there's our experience with the movie. LOL Not only did I pay premium prices they never saw the stupid thing for obvious reasons.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

I saw it on saturday. I thought the story was okay, though I had reservations about certain parts...Harrison Ford did a nice job given his age. Definitely a better one than Temple of Doom...ugh.

However, I felt that despite matching the map scenes and color palette, the film did not match the rest of the series visually at all. The cinematographer IMHO did an extremely poor job of making it fit. The point of a film series with continuity like Indiana Jones is that you maintain a feel through multiple films so they can all be seen as a whole story in addition to distinct parts. A horrible mismatch in look and feel such as Crystal Skull brings the viewer *out* of this mindset.
    My 2’
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Y'all realize that in almost every case such as this, sequels of films that were super popular many years ago, will rarely measure up to the originals regardless of quality. Look at those older films again with the same critical eye you are using for the new one. You might find that the differences are actually very small. Of course, I won't see it until it shows up on Netflix. My opinion is subject to change!

Critics have been mixed. Some love it, some hate it. That's sounds about right!
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

It reminds me of the one set in India. There is a lot of screaming and falling off of things butno pausing and contemplating. There is a nice romantic side to it which closes it down nicely.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Haven't seen it yet but thought you might be interested in this...

http://www.lockergnome.com/news/2008...hat-they-seem/
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I haven't seen it yet, but I sure have gotten mixed reviews about it. Even so, I look forward to seeing it and judging for myself. I do love Harrison Ford, so either way I'll probably enjoy the movie.
    A very nice collection of wedding favors.

It's the first movie I've actually gone to for years. My wife had free tickets, otherwise I'm too cheap. I like it, although I think the first ones had a better story line. However, Ford is still an awesome actor.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

GB1

$9? It's $10.50 here.

That's what a few people I know who saw it said. I saw the previews when at Iron Man and it just looked terribly boring and stiff, just another formula movie gone awry.

Spielberg has so much talent, but he's rid on his laurels and put out junk so many times now, it's just inexcusable
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information