PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

How do I build my own social network?

How do I build my own social network? What ideas are good?

Re: How do I build my own social network?

If I wanted to create a social network I’d start with WordPress and add BuddyPress to that to get started,

That will give you the social network facility to get started. If you’ll work hard to create a space where people feel welcome and find a place where they can express themselves they might gather around and invite their friends.

This isn’t easy except where you might find a small, under-served niche market and fill that need. It might be possible to build several niche sites and network those together.

The BuddyPress system gives you messages, user groups and forums for your users. You might also want to look at WPMU’s plugins ability to extend your WordPress to multisite and offer those multisites to your userbase to then let your users build those niche sites (sort of like Facebooks Pages).

You could look at Press This to extend the sites abilities to bookmark outside links.

There’s one more system you might want to consider… You might build a Diaspora node and become a part of that network.

If you are able to program you might then combine the Diaspora and WordPress together to create something that spans both systems capabilities.

I think good idea will be to work in healthcare or fitness industry. A social network for a narrow audience is always a smart choice, especially when this audience is connected to sport. Check this article https://light-it.net/blog/how-to-cre...men-coaches/#3 it is quite interesting and informative.

By the way recently I found good article about how to create a social media app. It is blog from professional developers so you can find all necessary information here. Maybe this will be helpful for somebody!

I can only tell you how to list freelance work on resume. I hope this might help you somehow.

First of all, you need to decide what kind of social network you're going for as there are a lot of different types. This article explains in details how to create a social app, you might want to check it out.

Thread Information