PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Heading for a great weekend

Heading off for a great weekend tomorrow. Minus 25 with the wind chill factor, blowing snow and ice pellets. I will be on cross country skis most of the time in lake country.
    This is what I call fun!

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Heading for a great weekend

Have fun Ron...

To each his own, I guess. I happen to be enjoying 70 and sunny here in Phoenix, so I must admit to envying you not the -25
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Maybe if I were younger, but no more. That kind of exercise and in that weather, I don't think the old body would continue to function properly. Hope you have a blast. I might also suggest Sandisk Extreme III in your digital and a warmer for your battery.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Sounds like fun to me. Enjoy!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Maybe if I were younger, but no more. That kind of exercise and in that weather, I don't think the old body would continue to function properly. Hope you have a blast. I might also suggest Sandisk Extreme III in your digital and a warmer for your battery.
    Younger is a state of mind. Thanks for the suggestions. I did have a blast. I even did some skating, while my wife played hockey with my son. I should add that my skates look like they have come out of a museum which is about the last time I used them.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

We spent the weekend shoveling.

Well, okay, dh and my oldest shovelled, I took a nap.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco
    Younger is a state of mind. Thanks for the suggestions. I did have a blast. I even did some skating, while my wife played hockey with my son. I should add that my skates look like they have come out of a museum which is about the last time I used them.

Ronnoco
    Sorry Ronnoco I tried to email by for some reason it came back. I agree that youth is a state of mind. But after 10 years behind an desk and the extra pound that has produced I am restricting my vigorous exercise even if I am younger than you. In years gone by I enjoyed backpacking and primitive camping as well s tennis and other sports. Now my favorite sport is rolling on the floor with the grand kids. Glad your weekend went well. Nothing like getting away for a little R&R.

Larry

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Sorry Ronnoco I tried to email by for some reason it came back. I agree that youth is a state of mind. But after 10 years behind an desk and the extra pound that has produced I am restricting my vigorous exercise even if I am younger than you. In years gone by I enjoyed backpacking and primitive camping as well s tennis and other sports. Now my favorite sport is rolling on the floor with the grand kids. Glad your weekend went well. Nothing like getting away for a little R&R.

Larry
    Yes, I tend to forget that I have hardly ever been behind a desk in my life and I only gave up coaching and running in cross country two years ago when I moved to a different area.
    On the other hand I don't have grand kids yet, so enjoy.

Ron
    www.photoinf.com

Yes, I tend to forget that I have hardly ever been behind a desk in my life and I only gave up coaching and running in cross country two years ago when I moved to a different area.
    On the other hand I don't have grand kids yet, so enjoy.

Ron
    I was a runner in high school but had to give that up in my 20's when I wrecked a knee in a moto cross accident. My son was an all state cross county runner in high school and ran his first marathon in Chicago last year.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    We spent the weekend shoveling.

Well, okay, dh and my oldest shovelled, I took a nap.
    You need your exercise, Adina. I shovelled 3 times yesterday and I have already shovelled once this morning and it is only after 8 am.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

All this talk of shoveling reminds me that I have to grade a few essays this week. Boy am I glade my wife decided during college that we were moving to Florida. The closest I come to likeing the cold is a 130 foot dive on one of the local wrecks.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Speaking of shovelling, they are talking about 10 cm. of ice coming my way toward the end of the week.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

You need your exercise, Adina. I shovelled 3 times yesterday and I have already shovelled once this morning and it is only after 8 am.

Ronnoco
    I get my fair share of exercise, and do my fair share of shoveling, but after a 4 hour drive home from an aborted trip to SD, a nap was in order.

We have two more inches today, brings us up to about 20 inches in the past week...

I get my fair share of exercise, and do my fair share of shoveling, but after a 4 hour drive home from an aborted trip to SD, a nap was in order.

We have two more inches today, brings us up to about 20 inches in the past week...
    Wow! I understand Wisconsin has been buried in snowstorms almost all winter.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Actually, up until this last few weeks, it's been pretty mild. In the 40s and 50s over the holidays, which was really nice with the puppy.

This past month though...school closed for two days for wind chills around -30, two feet of snow...seems like we are trying to get it all in this month.

another inch and a half when I woke up this morning...

its nice that it is all up by you adina .... we are 20 min south of milwaukee and have maybe 4 inches on the ground ... seen that 20" drop you guys got last week .. you can keep it all ...
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Actually, up until this last few weeks, it's been pretty mild. In the 40s and 50s over the holidays, which was really nice with the puppy..
    What kind of puppy? I have a not so small airedale that loves the snow and ice on the lake.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Another 4-6 inches between yesterday morning and now.

We got a beagle for Christmas. She'll be 4 months next week. If I was able to move off the couch I'd turn on the other computer and find a photo...

almost forgot...she loves the snow as well. it's soo funny. she burrows, and then will pounce, and then chase whatever snow scatters.

Thread Information