PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: Flobots

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Flobots

Anyone heard of these guys? My friend heard their single "Handlebars" on the radio and told me about it. I looked them up, heard a few songs, and promptly purchased their "Fight With Tools" album. All I can say is WOW!!!

Flobots.com is their site. Here is their MySpace page. Have a listen, you won't be sorry!

"Handlebars" is the disc's standout and it's a triumph; a woven fabric of intricate Juxtaposition and precise lyrical stitching.

"Fight With Tools is a revelation from the Rockies, possessing a shrewdness and musical style that could carry Flobots into serious focus down river."
    - Russell Rubin www.okayplayer.com

"We played BOULDER CO . . . the opening band were a great group named the FLOBOTS who along with some great musicianship and rhyme flow set the stage well with political commentary."
    - Chuck D PUBLIC ENEMY

"Fight With Tools, the band's first full-length release is a call to arms of such oratorical aplomb, that even the most jaded of listeners are sure to be swayed.

"Music can have a message, and still be damn enjoyable. I defy you. DEFY you to listen to “Handlebars” and not get it stuck in your head for days, weeks, even."
    - Kevin www.scenepointblank.com

". . . the well-worn approach sounds fresh, thanks to Roberts's exceptional viola playing and Laurie's engaging rhymes and forceful cadence, perfectly augmented by Brackett's verses."
    - Dave Herrera Westword Music Editor

". . .the band is able to connect with both indie rock fans and devoted hip-hop listeners. Rap stylings mingle well with the non-traditional instrumentation; the music is both intelligent and edgy, and informed by enough grooves to keep the head bobbing."
    -Kristofer Upjohn www.raves.com

"The self-released album pushes hip-hop to it’s funk, jazz and rock and roll boundaries, with a little viola and trumpet thrown in for good measure. . . classical genius, stark hip-hop reality and the dancey indie underground converge under the banner waving of community politics."
    -Tasha King www.thisweekindenver.com

"The album takes the listener on a reversely entropic journey toward social progress through activism and awareness"
    -Christie Osborne Colorado Music Buzz Magazine
    (cover story)

"The lyrics and presentation of the songs on this release brought immediate comparisons to Rage Against the Machine to mind. The biggest difference is that Flobots have more of a beat . . ."
    -Mite Mutant www.thechickenfishspeaks.com

"With all that the Flobots are bringing, it's best to catch these rising stars before they become too bright."
    UCD Advocate

"The Flobots who were the day’s undeniable crowd favorite, packed DC10. . . the unit delivered an energetic, high powered performance that made a mostly solemn crowd throughout the day, jump and dance through the entire set. . . The crowd was so into the band, when their 45-minutes was up, they were yelling and screaming for one more song. "
    -Quibian Salazar-Moreno (Reviewing the 2007 Westword showcase)

Re: Flobots

Heard them last night on my way home from tkd, meant to remember it, but didn't. Thanks! Handlebars was the one I heard too.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information