PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

feedback on using MAC OS X for photography

Hey guys!

I'm MA Interactive media student and our current project is about creating a dedicated operating system for photographers. I'm doing now research on computer usability for photographers and want to ask all of you few questions.
    Which OS are you using?
    Which applications are MUST HAVE on photographers computer?
    Is there anything in the was your OS is working, what you really like, and what you think really needs to be changed?
    If something needs to be changed, then what you would like to have?
    Any issues with interface?

Any suggestion about how would you like to see operating system dedicated for photographers please tell me!

Thanks

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: feedback on using MAC OS X for photography

Quote Originally Posted by olesya
    Which OS are you using?
    Windows 7!! It's the hot shizzle!!
    I found that the answer to this really comes down to personal preference of the photographer. I believe the majority user base is one of a number of Adobe applications. Personally, I can't live without Adobe Lightroom.
    Is there anything in the was your OS is working, what you really like, and what you think really needs to be changed?
    I love everything about Windows 7. I've been using it for at least the past year and I really can't think of anything I'd change about it. Then again maybe that's why I'm not a software developer.
    Besides that it's almost too awesome to handle, no.

Any suggestion about how would you like to see operating system dedicated for photographers please tell me!
    Personally, the OS matters little or nothing to me at all when I'm in "photographer" mode. My photographers OS is called Adobe Lightroom, and so long as it runs on the computer I'm using that's good enough for me.

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Re: feedback on using MAC OS X for photography

Hey guys!

I'm MA Interactive media student and our current project is about creating a dedicated operating system for photographers. I'm doing now research on computer usability for photographers and want to ask all of you few questions.
    Which OS are you using?

Thanks
    I'm not a pro but...

The major program I use is Lightroom. This runs on MacOS or Windows 7. Other obvious choices are PhotoShop (both OSes) and Aperture (for MacOS instead of Lightroom).

Windows 7 is fine but it is new and unproven in the field. With Microsoft, you are always much safer to wait for SP1 or SP2. MacOS has been absolutely stable for me with Snow Leopard but is does have SP1 (actually, the Apple equivalent of SP1) installed. IMHO, SL runs faster and is more responsive than Windows 7. But either will do,
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Thread Information