PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Favre talks to the Lions?

Rumor has it that Favre put in a call to Detroit, to help them prepare thier defense against the Packers. Apparently he spent about an hour telling them every single thing Green Bay does on offense.

Here's from the guy who broke the story...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=807804

So, assuming this did happen, what the heck? First, while it's not violating any regulations, it's pretty darn class-less. And for those who say that what the Packers did to Favre, with the trade and all, was unfair, that's the nature of the game. Calling a team who happens to be playing a team your mad at is like the kid on the playground who takes his ball and goes home when he doesn't get his way.

I'm a little disgusted.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: Favre talks to the Lions?

would it be ok to tell the team you got traded to everything they do?

i personally don't think he would have done that, but i have no clue.
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

imo, yeah, because that's your team, and your priority is winning. But this isn't his team, rumor is he specifically called the Lions because he is still pissy over what happened with the un-retirement thingy.

I think he may have told them some things, but the team changes plays and formations all the time so he cannot know everything the team was going to be doing.

But lets keep in mind that we are talking about the Lions. I think you could draw up every play and give them the play book and what you are calling on each play and they would not be able to win a game. Actually I think that the league should require other teams to tell the Lions coaches what they are doing before each play. That way a game may be winnable and more exciting.

AHHHHHHHH... LIONS SUCK....
    Phil
    ps. I am a Lions fan from Detroit and frustrated.
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Farve proved how classless he can be expecting the Packers to just up and drop Rodgers a couple weeks before the preseason. Sorry, but YOU retired. You dont go and unretire yourself a couple weeks before Preseason and expect your job back. Packers already commited to Rodgers and got things all set. Nothing prevented Farve from being the backup other than his overflated ego. Hell he probably would had ended up as the starter soon anyways if Rodgers got hurt.

While not a Packers fan nor a great Favre fan, I do admire and respect him for what he has done and accomplished. Overinflated ego" Hell, ego drives us all to do what we do to the best of our ability, this is news? everyone who has ever gotten traded to another team spills info about their previous team. It is called getting the "edge" and could be the difference between winning and losing. You don't think coaches don't trade info about their former team? Think about it, when a head coach gets fired andb ecomes an offensive or defensive coordinator for another team, do you really think that he doesn't use info and knowledge from his previous team to aid and help his current team?
    Rumors are just that rumors, ie: gossip that is not substantiated. Does anyone really believe anyone, especially a reporter was there as a witness to any of this tripe? . This is the stuff of tabloid newspapers that fills America's appetite for gossip, half truths, and innuendos.
    It is speculation and he is guilty before all the facts are known? Isn't he supposed to get his day in court?

bluesguy

Yeah, if you tell your currrent team about your own team, that's one thing. But to call a team that you have no playing relationship with, except as an opponent, that I think is over the top.

It is speculation, which is why we are discussing it.

Just a thought this moanin' Monday, if more conversations were based on truth and facts, then speculation and gossip would be greatly reduced. The tabloids and so called entertainment shows would be greatly reduced also. Just my .02 cents worth.

bluesguy

Quote Originally Posted by bluesguy
    Just a thought this moanin' Monday, if more conversations were based on truth and facts, then speculation and gossip would be greatly reduced. The tabloids and so called entertainment shows would be greatly reduced also. Just my .02 cents worth.

bluesguy
    A very good point.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Rumor has it that Favre put in a call to Detroit, to help them prepare thier defense against the Packers. Apparently he spent about an hour telling them every single thing Green Bay does on offense...
    IMO, this is a non-event. Players do this type of thing all the time...

Besides, I'm sick of hearing about Favre. The Jets are a mediocre team. My Giants are Super Bowl Champs, and the only real story in New York...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    IMO, this is a non-event. Players do this type of thing all the time...

Besides, I'm sick of hearing about Favre. The Jets are a mediocre team. My Giants are Super Bowl Champs, and the only real story in New York...
    You are wrong, the other story in the NYC is the abysmal Knicks with their ineptitude both on and off the court.

bluesguy

did you see the "negative adverstising in the nfl" story? Favre was #1 with his flip flopping. Most touchdowns, most interceptions...

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluesguy
    the other story in the NYC is the abysmal Knicks with their ineptitude both on and off the court...
    Well, only time will tell if you're right on that one. Getting rid of Isaiah Thomas is definitely a step in the right direction.

Even as an ex-NewYorker, I gave up on the Knicks years ago. After living in South Florida for so long, my loyalty lies with the Heat now...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    did you see the "negative adverstising in the nfl" story? Favre was #1 with his flip flopping. Most touchdowns, most interceptions...
    You gotta break eggs if you want an omlette

bluesguy

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Well, only time will tell if you're right on that one. Getting rid of Isaiah Thomas is definitely a step in the right direction.

Even as an ex-NewYorker, I gave up on the Knicks years ago. After living in South Florida for so long, my loyalty lies with the Heat now...
    So, you are a front runner eh? What about loyalty to the home team,,,rightly or wrongly.
    I stay with my teams thru good time or bad. Anyone can jump on a winning bus and on the bandwagon.True fans stay with their teams, always.

bluesguy

Thread Information