PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Wes

Who are they, where are they, how can they possibly know all the rules?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Everyone hates a fake.....

Ha! I like how they said Dante's peak was realistic. Maybe for the exploding volcano but I don't know of any 4x4 truck that can drive across molten lava with its tires burned off.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Science in movies almost always requires a suspension of belief. The worst offender is how they make so much noise in space!

The very worst science movie I have seen, at least one based solely on special effects, was "The Core." Everything was grossly wrong there and required suspending one's entire intelligence. That's pretty bad considering I am a life-long Doctor Who fan!

As for Dante's Peak mentioned in the article, there is one scene I remember where he is outrunning a pyroclastic flow in a jeep! That must have been one really souped-up engine!
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

GB1

Try being an aerospace engineer - totally ruins going to the movies since 99% have their scientific facts so wrong that it's painful to watch. Like mwfanelli2 said, you really have to suspend your beliefs and, most of the time, any intelligence you may have tucked away. A shame too since reality is often as good or better than fiction. It's just that directors and producers are often HS dropouts themselves and perpetuate incorrect things (like sound in space )

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information