PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Liz

Embarrassing moments....just had one!

Yikes! I feel like such a jerk!

About a week ago I asked my boss if he would track down some CEU's that I earned by attending an all day conference about 6 months ago. I need them to renew my nursing licence in May. The person in charge at the desk couldn't find mine at the time, so took down the information and assured me I would receive the credits shortly. I didn't.

My boss hadn't gotten back to me, so today I emailed him again "just a reminder" sort of thing. He replied that he's been trying to find these credits, has contacted the appropriate persons, etc. and was told there were no credits given out, but he would continue to check it out. I emailed him back to thank him for all he was doing to find these papers. Right after I clicked "send" it occurred to me that I had confused this specific conference with another one I attended shortly afterwards. And my boss was right - there were no certificates given for the one I requested his help on.

The worst part is - I had just confessed to my boss' secretary 2 days ago that I was the culprit who forgot to take the minutes at our monthly directors' meeting. Each director has the responsibility to take minutes JUST once a year. I thought at the time "oh well, so I make a mistake once a year."

Anyone else want to add an embarrassing moment - that would make me feel better?

Liz
    Last edited by Liz; 04-01-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Embarrassing moments....just had one!

A few months ago, I took some non-credit courses at our local community college. The common areas are large and open, and the building that I had my classes in had two stories. Strategically placed in the open areas are three sets of stairs. There is also one lone elevator for handicap access, which is clearly marked for disabled use only.

After one of the last classes of the course, I left the classroom to head downstairs to the car. It was midday and the college was rather busy, so the stairs were bottled up with people. Just then I noticed the doors on the elevator start to close, and quickly darted inside. I was so wrapped up in securing my computer in its case and organizing my papers that I didn't notice the other person in the elevator until he said (in a rather polite tone) "You know, this elevator is supposed to be for the handicapped." I turned, looking for the first time at the man next to me in the wheelchair and said (obviously without thinking), "Yeah, well it beats walking." It somehow stung all the more that his second statement was even more polite than the first. He simply looked at me and said, "No sir, it really doesn't."

Forget embarrassed. I felt like the absolute scum of the earth.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Ah Liz, twice in one year, you're a lucky girl. I tally mine by the hour....

A cousin of mine is dating a guy who, unknown to us, has MS. So we get to her house for whatever family gathering it was, and he has a cane. I've never seen him with a cane before, apparently he doesn't always need it.

I walk in "what's with the cane? you think you're cool?" "no, I have MS"
    My mom walks in "what's with the cane? New accessory?" "no, I have MS"
    My brother walks in, looks at the cane, doesn't say a word, makes a gun with his fingers (gangsta style) and says "POW POW POW"

Yeah, some days we are the wrong group to be around....
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

LOL! Adina, your family sounds like a blast to hang out with!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

copied and pasted from another forum, because it took me a while to type it out. This was mine from yesterday.

Okay, so my home page on my laptop is set to a local news page, not hard core new, but more of a "what's going on in Milwaukee" type thing.

Yesterday, I sit down with my coffee and start to work. Well, I usually putz for about a half hour while I let the coffee kick in, read the news, that kind of thing. Here's the main stories from yesterday...

1. Brett Favre has announced he's returning to the Packers, but as an assistant to the groundskeeper. He's going to mow the field. Well, okay, that's wierd.

2. One of the local new stations has put a cardboard cutout of an anchor they lost to another station at the desk for the evening news. They are hoping that the familiar face will boost ratings. Again, weird.

3. Prince Fielder, who plays for the Brewers, has announced that as long as they do the sausage races at Miller Park, he will be on strike for the half inning before and after, because he's a vegetarian, and feels there is no need to promote sausages. Even though the Brewers have offered to add a soy sausage, he's not going to play those innings. For those of you who don't know, Klements has about 4 or 5 big sausage costumes (all different sausages, dressed according to thier type, the chorizo is wearing a sombrero..ect...)and they race between the 6th and 7th (I think) inning. Made national news when a player from another team hit one of them with a baseball bat. T-shirts that said "don't beat our wienies" were everywhere.

Anyway, again, weird.

4. Then there was a story about prison uniforms. Milwaukee had an alderman who was sent to prison, and ran, from prison, for re-election (he lost last night). The story went on about how the need to look stylish at the meetings, and how the new uniforms didn't make his butt look bigger. Once again, I'm like, huh, that's weird.

Close the window and get down to business.

It was 10pm last night, before I realized it was April Fools Day. Okay, not so much that it was that late before I realized that it was, because earlier in the day I had debated about scanning on of our old ultrasound images and emailing it to our family. But it was that late before it dawned on me that the stories I had read were jokes.

yeah, I'm a dork...
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information