PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Does this look legit?

This looks almost too good to be true. http://www.satellitetvtopc.com/?hop=sattvemail
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Does this look legit?

Yes it does look too good. I don't like watching tv shows on the pc but getting that variety would entice me.
    I would wonder about the quality. Here's a link about it that I don't have time to investigate...

http://www.satellitetvpcreview.com/pcsatellitetv/
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Yeah, already found that site. The service this site recommends is the same one my link was for. Then again, the site may have been started by the satellite service, to steer folks to their service.
    Mike
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Tel

Ahh, I tried this once.

Complete and utter crap. You get about 5 channels that work, and they all suck.

There are free programs that work a hell of a lot better than this.

Check out this article if you'd like.

Canon Digital Rebel with Quantray 19-35 F3.5-4.5 basically Glued on. :P

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mn shutterbug
    This looks almost too good to be true. http://www.satellitetvtopc.com/?hop=sattvemail
    Almost too good to be true. Yep!

This "company" comes up every once in a while: it's not for real. Yeah, you eventually get a few stations but nothing most people would want to watch. There was an expose on this about a year ago on a local TV station here, what a disaster!

Stick with cable or satellite or FIOS or whatever. You never get something for nothing.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

GB1

If you want to try free TV stuff over the internet, check out Joost. Note that their shows don't seem to be the same ones you find on TV, but some of them are good.

If you figure the whole dang thing out, post it! I haven't been able to understand how Joost all works
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I just downloaded and installed Joost. I watched a bit of "The Making of Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit Issue", and then switched to Jericho. I see they have the Dukes of Hazzard, CSI, and a few other NBC shows. It's going to take some time to figure out everything they have. Thanks GB1.
    Mike

GB1

Mike, I saw a cartoon-like show with superheros that was somewhat obscene. Was at work and couldn't watch, but it looked hilarious..!! If you run into it please tell me the name and time so I can watch it right!

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Yes it does look very good. I can say you have a knack on what you are doing keep up the good work.
    I've taken every step in my life with appreciation that i may never pass this way again. Document memories with a camera on hand

Thread Information