PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: Depression...

Depression...

as anyone who I've talked to in the last year knows, we are remodeling. Well, I've hit the end of my remodeling rope, and it's starting to depress me. We've only got about three weeks left, but it seems like forever.

I just read an article that made me feel a little better though....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15021048/?GT1=8506
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Depression...

Hang in there Adina. Go get yourself a nice latte, and find a relaxing place away from home to enjoy it. I always feel at home relaxing in a nice cushy chair with a good book at a place like Barns & Noble. I wish I didn't have to drive an hour to get to one tho. When I get to feeling depressed, a nice relaxing ride in the country always helps to relax me. Go for a ride and think of how lucky you are not to have a house full of snakes!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Do we need to talk? I have an opening this Monday at noon

Hang in there sister, the light at the end of the tunnel is near. Do like Michael said and pamper yourself the next few weeks. The both of you deserve it after all this work!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I had a dream about snakes last night after reading that article.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

well that made me feel better about my place...hang in there sister...at least you have an end in sight---due to lack of $$$$ and family issues we will not be able to get our house anywhere near what I consider reasonable for at least a few years(we don't even have a working oven!)

I can't imagine having two kids and not having a functioning kitchen for that long---hang in there sister! You'll make it....looking forward to a smiling you in your brand new abode
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thanks all.

Feeling much better today. Siding guys appear to be making progress. When the lady called to set up the days, she said 2 days, Monday and Tuesday. It is now day 4, and they aren't even halfway done.

Mike, I'm drinking a huge latte as I put orders together today. No comfy chair (can't find it in the rubble) but coffee always makes me feel better.

Also, found out last night dh has another trip to Europe coming up in November. I told him he can't leave if I don't have kitchen sink.

wow Adina I forgot that your hubby goes for long stretches too... what does he do that takes him away for such long/frequent periods of time?
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

He doesn't go that frequently, probably 4-6 times a year, but his technical title is "global run lead". Whatever that means. He goes to meetings and lunches, travels on occasion, and tells people what to do.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    He goes to meetings and lunches, travels on occasion, and tells people what to do.
    Wow, you can do that and get paid?!? Man, I need to change my career...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

That's what I keep saying. And he used to have this girl on his team who just broke stuff, went to lunches and traveled on occasion. I thought I'd try for that job, but he said no, it may add stress to our marraige.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    He doesn't go that frequently, probably 4-6 times a year, but his technical title is "global run lead". Whatever that means. He goes to meetings and lunches, travels on occasion, and tells people what to do.
    Sounds liek agreat job---put that description on his resume lol

that breaks down to about every two months to three months--- that's a lot in my world
    My hubby goes away for a week three times a year and I'm a beast---oh wait! that would make you a more gentle and loving wife
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

He goes to meetings and lunches, travels on occasion, and tells people what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Wow, you can do that and get paid?!? Man, I need to change my career...
    Used to be my job too.
    I ran our country launches in Belgium, Netherlands and Germany.
    Then got made redundant when management decided not to do any more international launches.
    Now I'm a Buisness Analyst in our UK head office and other people get to travel and launch new countries - yes, management changed thier minds.
    Sure I'm mad at that, plus they get paid more than me, but I've still got a job.
    It pays the bills until I can make photography pay for itself
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information