PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

From Black Friday to Cyber Monday

With Black Friday and the long holiday weekend behind us, we now enter into Cyber Monday. Cyber Monday is the first Monday after the Thanksgiving Holiday and is know for the high volume of internet shopping that takes place as people go to work, and log onto the internet to make some holiday purchases.

I still have 2 books I want to order, but that's about it. I have made all of my big purchases already.

So who else is planning on doing some holiday shopping online today, and what are you planning on buying?

One of the big advantages of buying online is that you don't have to pay sales tax, unless the company you're buying from has a physical presence in your state. But did you know that you are supposed to claim those purchases, and pay that sales tax with you income tax at the end of the year? I just learned that on the news today. States are loosing millions of $$ in those sales taxes, and I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before the government steps in and makes online retailers start collecting sales tax. Any thoughts?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: From Black Friday to Cyber Monday

I haven't bought any presents yet. Period. I am hoping to make a trip up to the Navajo reservation to buy some gifts for this year. With the San Francisco Peaks and Flagstaff just having gotten snow, it would make it a doubly cool trip. I will probably wait until the last minute and then hit Amazon and Ebay for all my last-minute shopping :idea:
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

I just ordered a planetarium thingy for my oldest from the discovery store. It projects the constellations onto your ceiling, and comes with an audio cd and I think a book or something. I also ordered a pirate pop gun, those little ceramic dishes to make French Onion Soup, and a new phone because of our Xmas tree fiasco (post on that one coming). I'm also debating about the 5d because it has a $300 rebate right now. Problem is I never get mine, so dh would have to take care of it, he gets his, even if it's like 40 cents.

We also ordered different versions of the Cranium games for various family members online.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    I just ordered a planetarium thingy for my oldest from the discovery store. It projects the constellations onto your ceiling, and comes with an audio cd and I think a book or something.
    Ooh, I think I got that thing for Christmas last year! I still haven't used it though

I am about to order some books and Harry Potter Uno on the web. Ooh, which reminds me I have a $25 B&H gift card to use from last Christmas still! I wonder if it expires a year from expiration...
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thread Information