PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Idol fans?

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Any Idol fans?

So much going on last night that I didn't see everyone. Kellie blew me away...just in the fact that she stepped it up and made it work considering her background. None of the guys in my opinion were worth a darn last night. So I'm hoping Bucky, Ace or Elliot like you is gone...hehe...Although I really didn't like Katherine either...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

Bucky, Ace and Elliot are the bottom 3...guess we called this one...hehehe...I'm hoping for Bucky gone this time!!!! But I can see Ace gone pretty easily!!!
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

Bye, Bye, Bucky...glad to see you go!!! (sung to the tune "Bye Bye, Birdie" hehe...
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

AGREED... chime on in from AZ walterick ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Bucky, Ace and Elliot are the bottom 3...guess we called this one...hehehe...
    Dude, we so called it! Bingo!

I am still in shock that Mandisa went before Bucky though. There is something very very wrong in this world.

I feel better now that Bucky's gone. We were wondering last night: who do you think is going to win? There is not a clear winner to me this year. I call: Chris, Paris, and Katharine to be the final 3. I think Paris has the most talent (there ya go Paul!) so she might take the whole thing. Though Chris has a big fan base and has never been in the bottom three...

I also call the next 3 to be dismissed: Ace, Elliott, & Pickler. What say you, oh fellow Idolholics?
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Agreed... Taylor, Paris and Chris are in the top 4. It's a toss up betweem Pickler and Katherine to me though. Katherine has a better voice, but Kelly is a country girl. Country is popular.

I know Chris and Paris will get deals and truely think Kelly will too... reguardless of who wins ;)

Dude, I so hate reality TV(it's the downfall of this country), but that show is entertaining.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Pentax Forum Moderator

With next week being Rod Stewart week...I foresee Taylor, Chris and Elliott standing out and blowing them all away...although I can see Katherine and Paris having good nights. Ace could sneak in as a dark horse. Rod's music though I think will seperate the final 3 from the losers!!!
    My Pick for final 3...Taylor, Paris and Elliott with the final 2 being Paris and Elliott...I'm rooting for Paris...but think Elliot has a bigger following...
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Well Ken and I have different taste cuz I want Chris to win. I hope Taylor goes soon!!! Final 2 will be Paris and Chris thats my prediction.
    Kim

Hello Kim

Nice to see a dessenting opinion, even at the sake of your husband's!

Well there's one thing we all agree on, Paris will be in the top 3, and Kelly and Ace won't!

We were talking about Rod Week and wondering if they're going to stick to his "American Standards" albums for material, or if they'll rech back into his older stuff as well.
    Walter Rick Long

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    Dude, I so hate reality TV(it's the downfall of this country), but that show is entertaining.
    I don't agree that it's the downfall of the country, not when there's so many Republicans to blame!

I think you're right about Chris and Paris getting deals, Kelly I don't know she doesn't seem to able to carry a 2 minute song yet imo. She's good at the choruses though
    Walter Rick Long

Pentax Forum Moderator

I need to make a correction to my last...I got Elliot and Chris mixed up...I don't think Elliot will make the final 3...As for Kelly getting a contract...I think there are several country labels looking at her. i agree with Rick...Chris and Paris will definitely go places and Taylor has his own niche that'll carry him through the rest of his life!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

I think Kelly is gone tomorrow night. All the rest performed marvelously!!!! Kelly, Elliot and Ace...possibly Taylor...bottom 3 with Kelly gone tomorrow. If performances count.
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Kelly, Elliot, and Ace are bottom 3 definately. I found Chris a bit lacking, but he still rocks. Catherine, though they blew her up, was a bore as usual and needs to go too ;) She has a great voice, but no stage presence IMHO.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Well I think Kelly is gone tomorrow nite. I still think it will be either Chris or Paris that wins this year!!
    Kim

How did I miss this thread?? I loff American Idol...hehe.

My favorites are Elliot and Katharine...honestly, but I think Chris will win. Definitely NOT a fan of Paris...but I'm sure she'll be in the top 4 or 5.

As to the judges...(sorry, I'm going to dredge up what you guys were talking about several posts ago...haha)...Paula is just a total waste of space on there. She repeats what Randy says, except that she turns it around and tries to use words that make you question if she truly knows the meaning...hehe! Love Simon though... I DO think the judges play a big part in who stays or goes, even at this level, because they constantly plug people, Simon especially. If Simon says, "I predict YOU are going to be in the final 3"...it's pretty unlikely that person will get booted the next night.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    Kelly, Elliot, and Ace are bottom 3 definately.
    YES YES YES we all agree. I would have thought Elliott or Ace the next to go until TONIGHT Kelly just stunk it up. We thought Chris did great, really showed he can sing and not just bring the rock. Taylor really saved it in the last few seconds I thought. That dude could not sell records, but he could sure pack houses!

Paul I take great offense at your remarks about Katherine, sweet Katherine. She will be in the top 3 with Chris and Paris, just you watch
    Walter Rick Long

Hey Emily. Glad you found us

I agree about Paula. My opinion of her slips every week. She bounces around like a drunk college girl and then can't articulate what she's trying to say half the time. She's fairly positive in her comments, which helps the kids self esteem. Sometimes I think she plays the "nice" role just to combat Simon and his criticisms. I would say Paula might leave the show except I know she just signed for 3 more years!
    Walter Rick Long

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Hey Emily. Glad you found us

I agree about Paula. My opinion of her slips every week. She bounces around like a drunk college girl and then can't articulate what she's trying to say half the time. She's fairly positive in her comments, which helps the kids self esteem. Sometimes I think she plays the "nice" role just to combat Simon and his criticisms. I would say Paula might leave the show except I know she just signed for 3 more years!

Hahahaha! Exactly...except in place of bounces, I would say she flails and flops around...hehe.
    And eek! 3 more years of Paula!

I don't mind Simon's remarks for the most part...he's usually brutally honest, but on the money. It's just when he slips into commentary that has nothing to do with the vocals (i.e. Mandisa's weight) that he way oversteps.

I agree. The personal comments should be left out. These are still kids after all.

Didn't Paula say that this was the 5th season of American Idol? I can think of only 3 before this one: Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Stoddard, and Carry Underwood (shoulda been Bo Bice!) but is there a season in there I'm missing?
    Walter Rick Long

You forgot Fantasia!

And yes, it should have been Bo...sniff.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Oh...come on guys!!! Bo Bice...although he was fun to watch...he couldn't sing worth beans...but I don't think Carrey should have won either. Oh well...That's like this season...The best "singers" get voted off early and your left with whats left over. It's like what Rod Stewart said last night. It's not about the singing, it's about selling yourself!!! As we discussed earlier...Mandisa didn't lose because of her singing...she lost because of her wardrobe not hiding enough of her big butt!! hahaha...I'm gonna stick my neck out here and feel free to chop it off...We have good voices this year and good performers going into the final 5...but the only total packages are Chris and Paris and IMHO Paris blows everyone away...hands down!!!! OK...I'm ready....come and get me!!!! hahahahahaha
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Ken, Ken, Ken...Paris??!!? Sigh...oh well, we won't hold your bad hearing against you...

Hehe...

Pentax Forum Moderator

haha Emily...thanx...I guess I've listened to too many bad adults on here and to have such a talented teen blowing most of them away, I let slide a few imperfections that will only improve with time. Even if she doesn't become an "American Idol", I predict she will be a superstar!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Ken, I'm just joshing ya...hehe! I know what you mean about the teens blowing some of the adults away though. I noticed that there was a slightly younger crowd this year than in previous years...even if all of them haven't made it to the final few.

I DID like Paris last night, but it was the first show that I've really thought she was as great as Randy thinks she is...

Fantasia? Did someone named Fantasia win one year?
    Walter Rick Long

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information