Any Idol fans?

Printable View

• 04-19-2006, 11:29 AM
    walterick
    Re: Any Idol fans?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ken1953
    Oh...come on guys!!! Bo Bice...although he was fun to watch...he couldn't sing worth beans...but I don't think Carrey should have won either. Oh well...That's like this season...The best "singers" get voted off early and your left with whats left over. It's like what Rod Stewart said last night. It's not about the singing, it's about selling yourself!!! As we discussed earlier...Mandisa didn't lose because of her singing...she lost because of her wardrobe not hiding enough of her big butt!! hahaha...I'm gonna stick my neck out here and feel free to chop it off...We have good voices this year and good performers going into the final 5...but the only total packages are Chris and Paris and IMHO Paris blows everyone away...hands down!!!! OK...I'm ready....come and get me!!!! hahahahahaha
    Ken

Chris is quick becoming the total package with his performance last night. Paris just... lacks something for me. I think if she doesn't win this competition and she sticks with it, in a few years she could be a star. I think she has the best voice up there, consistently.

She's just a little... naive?

Don't forget about sweet Katharine. I think with a little more confidence she could easily sweep this competition away.

Simon already favors her :)
  • 04-19-2006, 05:18 PM
    Kim026
    Well I have always said that Ken is deaf and when he is watching idol I really think he is ready for a bell tone hehehehe. I still hope Chris makes it to the top.
    Kim
  • 04-19-2006, 06:29 PM
    ken1953
    WHAT...WHO...WHAT'S
  • 04-19-2006, 06:29 PM
    ken1953
    Well at least Ace is gone!!!!!! I was gonna say...what's wrong with America...hehe
    Ken
  • 04-19-2006, 06:30 PM
    Kim026
    Oh my gosh what a shake up this was... the worse ones were the top three.
    Kim
  • 04-19-2006, 06:40 PM
    paulnj
    I am sorry, but taylor joined the bottom 3 IMHO! Yes Ace needed to go because I think his only talent is sounding like he got kicked in the ...... ;)

How were Paris and Chris worse than Kelly and was it me or was Rod the one that sucked the worst ;)

Sorry , but Katherine shouldn't make top 3 IMHO and next week is going to be the worst show yet ;)
  • 04-19-2006, 06:44 PM
    ken1953
    I agree w/ you whole heartedly...the bottom 3 shoud've been the other crew!!!!!!!!...As for Rod...he's never been able to sing...IMHO...and now he's been singing american standards so long...he's forgotten how to sing the little he did know...hehe..oooo did I just say that...oh well..my 2 cents...hehehe
    Ken
  • 04-19-2006, 07:37 PM
    julsoph
    What's the theme for next week? I only caught the last minute to see who got booted...
  • 04-19-2006, 09:00 PM
    walterick
    Oh. My. God. Ken I am going to say it: What's wrong with America?! Chris and Paris in the bottom three?? Kelly and Elliott safe?? What the %$#@!

Well at least it was Ace not Chris. Does anyone else think Taylor chose what he thought was the bottom three on purpose? I have a theory that now that Bucky's gone, all the country folk are voting for Pickler and keeping her alive.

Emily, they've got some Italian opera dude coming next week. He can, uh, sing. It should be reeeal interesting!

My gf has a crush on Ace. She may be the only one sad to see him go ;)

Also... does anyone else think that "had a bad day" song is #1 in America thanks in part to AI playing it every week?! :eek:
  • 04-19-2006, 09:20 PM
    julsoph
    Wait...so opera is the theme....???

Yikes.
  • 04-20-2006, 06:15 AM
    ken1953
    SOME ITALIAN OPERA DUDE?!?!? Dude...Andrea Bocelli is the Mario Lanza of our time. Fantastic tenor...one of the true "great" voices in modern music. Although he is a classical tenor, he has made the switch to some of the better modern music.
    I predict Katherine and Paris will be awesome next week...Chris..as long as he is willing to stray a long way from his roots could be a real surprise...I think show tunes will probably be the call of the day.
    As a classically trained Bass...I'd love to see some of the more challenging music performed on a show like this.
    Ken
  • 04-20-2006, 06:24 AM
    ken1953
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Well at least it was Ace not Chris. Does anyone else think Taylor chose what he thought was the bottom three on purpose? I have a theory that now that Bucky's gone, all the country folk are voting for Pickler and keeping her alive.;) :eek:

Wow Rick...You have such insight...hehe...Very diplomatic move on his part!!!! As for the "country contingency"...you know it!!! And of course, because of it, she's already won her contract with some country label, regardless of what happens on Idol. haha...
    Ken
  • 04-20-2006, 06:40 AM
    almo
    AI is a farce. It's fake, and a bad sign of the times we live in. It's just another pointless noise adding to the din of nonsense and mediocrity that we are constantly deluged with on a daily basis. Frankly I find it amazing that this country has not been completely subverted by the masses of ill intentioned commies and other leftists, with the bulk of this countries citizenry all focused on who will be voted off of the island next. This truly is the Jackass generation. We have become one nation under Johnny Nashville.

I am sorry, I know a lot of you really like this pap, but it just makes me sick.
  • 04-20-2006, 07:03 AM
    Lara
    Quote:

Originally Posted by julsoph
    Wait...so opera is the theme....???

Yikes.

Now that would be a trip wouldn't it? Actually, Bocelli has branched out to do some contemporary music. I'm sure the theme will be ballads.
  • 04-20-2006, 07:18 AM
    mwfanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almo
    AI is a farce. It's fake, and a bad sign of the times we live in. It's just another pointless noise adding to the din of nonsense and mediocrity that we are constantly deluged with on a daily basis. Frankly I find it amazing that this country has not been completely subverted by the masses of ill intentioned commies and other leftists, with the bulk of this countries citizenry all focused on who will be voted off of the island next. This truly is the Jackass generation. We have become one nation under Johnny Nashville.

I am sorry, I know a lot of you really like this pap, but it just makes me sick.

People have been saying this with every generation, seeing doom and gloom with the way society is moving. What was considered radical and horrible when I was young is now accepted without a second thought.

A lot of it is just silly. For example, swing music was considered wild and leading to the decay of society. Imagine, Benny Goodman as a underground madman! The same was said when rock and roll came along. Are you old enough to remember the public burning of rock records to save us from the devil? How about the early years of John Cage et al.? Now he seems tame. How about art? My goodness, the disasters art has created! How about right here, first it was the death of photography thanks to AF cameras, nowadays the disaster of PhotoShop.

Music and other pursuits just don't have those major effects, television doesn't have those effects. Society changes for better or worse due to forces much greater than that, forces that truly define the morals and ethics of an entire culture.
  • 04-20-2006, 08:24 AM
    walterick
    Quote:

Hey, I happen to like Johnny Nashville :D

Well, there certainly are some strong words in there Almo. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion right? It could be worse, we could all be discussing daytime soaps :eek:

I disagree with you that AI is fake, and a farce as you call it. But to each their own. Reality TV will run its course, just like everything else in culture and society. I disagree with you and Paul when you say it's the downfall of society. I could easily make the argument that drinking beer and watching cars drive fast in a circle does more harm to the human psyche than reality shows do. And we all know how popular NASCAR is :)

If we really want to start talking about the downfall of western civilization, let's start a discussion about the lack of responsibility inherent in our freedom-loving culture, and the arrogance that is making it hard for us to connect with our worldly brethern. Or the misrepresentation of god in our churches, or the raping of little kids in our... churches. I believe that society's problems are many-fold, and American Idol, though imperfect, may be serving as a release for many who seek a mild form of entertainment.

All imo of course. Take care my friend.
  • 04-20-2006, 09:09 AM
    paulnj
    I tend to agree with Almo about most of his comments. I think that AI is a bit fixed in that we have 3 judges that are NOTHING IMHO. Why not bring in one country singer judge, one rapper/R&B judge and one rock/metal judge. Let a judge from all 3 major music types judge the person. No we have a "used to work with" a washed up pop star and a guy who started the show and runs a record company? Bring out Jayzee to give them a deal :)

BTW.. As a HUGE fan of BUMFIGHTS(which is reality) , I would like to correct your name... Johnny KNOXVILLE, who I think is a true jackass in his mindless stunts.

The only reality type show I will watch is AI because the lineup looks like a (nearly) true cross section of the US, minus rap.

BTW... It was the nascar fans who voted for Bush, it was the bible bumpers who voted for our false prophet in the global war on islam. So get that thread started ;)
  • 04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
    ken1953
    UH OH...now see what them dumb reality shows have caused. People are startin' to put down my NASCAR...and no...I DIDN'T VOTE FOR BUSH!!!! or his useless Daddy!!!! oops...hehe...I'm just joking around. Actually tho'...I am a NASCAR fan (Go Kenseth!!!) and no, I didn't vote for either Bush...and reality shows are just another form of "entertainment" and anyone who tries to make them more than they actually are, are the real harms...to themselves and to society. Come on people...life is tooooooo short. Enjoy every aspect of the good things, no matter how stupid or insipid they may be!!! (wow where did that word come from...I hope I used it right!) Anyway, all is just in fun and as long as it stays that way, we can all get a big chuckle!!!
    Maybe when we all start respecting each other and laughing at the little things, maybe some of the big things will begin to get taken care of. Love everyone and be considerate of others feelings!!! People are very fragile and can be hurt by the slightest misunderstanding!!!
    Now...GO OUT AND VOTE FOR PARIS OR I'M GONNA BLOW MYSELF UP!!!!! AND SPLATTER BLOOD AND GUTS ALL OVER ALL OF YOU!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

uhhhhh....Ken
  • 04-20-2006, 12:55 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ken1953
    Maybe when we all start respecting each other and laughing at the little things, maybe some of the big things will begin to get taken care of. Love everyone and be considerate of others feelings!!! People are very fragile and can be hurt by the slightest misunderstanding!!!

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!!!!!!

PICKLER FOR PRESIDENT '08!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(sorry about the NASCAR dash, didn't mean to hurt your feelings!)
  • 04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulnj

BTW.. As a HUGE fan of BUMFIGHTS(which is reality) , I would like to correct your name... Johnny KNOXVILLE, who I think is a true jackass in his mindless stunts.

Dude, have you SEEN BMX joust? LMAO! :D

The problem with having one Country, one Rock, and one Hiphop judge is not everyone fits into those categories. Which one does Katharine fit in? Ace? Elliott? What about Ruben Stoddard, the gospel singer who won the entire competition?

I agree with Ken here, we need to stop pretending AI is a slice of reality, and start looking at it for what it is: a slice of pop culture and a piece the music industry. There is nothing wrong with either of those things. If you can enjoy AI for what it is, within the context that it is designed to work in, then the politics go away and you can just enjoy the mindless fun. Look at me, the twig-eating liberal who is hooked on America's biggest reality show. Only a sense of humor could get me through that dichotomy :D

PICKLER IN '08!! :D
  • 04-20-2006, 01:58 PM
    julsoph
    To me, AI is all just fun...a guilty pleasure. I'd definitely rather gush and blather about AI than a soap...:D No offense to the soap opera fans either though....lol!

Lara...I didn't realize it was Andrea Bocelli that would be on the show next week when I asked if it was opera...I LOVE him, and that definitely will be an interesting one to watch, I think. :)

Emily
  • 04-20-2006, 04:04 PM
    paulnj
    I am not saying to have each type judged by one judge, but let 3 completely different judges judge them. Listen Liza isn't as judge, yet showtunes is coming up.

BILL GATES IN 08!! :D
  • 04-20-2006, 04:12 PM
    almo
    It's all noise.
  • 04-20-2006, 04:41 PM
    ken1953
    Quote:

It's all noise.

NOISE...as the new thing in NASCAR says....CRANK IT UP!!!! VRROOOMMMMM

Sorry Almo...just had to do it!! hehehe :D :D :D :p
    Ken
  • 04-20-2006, 04:47 PM
    paulnj
    Are you saying you are anti music? That would be shame. Reguardless of what kind of music one may like, it's still music.