Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

what glass should I get next for the D70

Hi...
    I feel like I need a wider lens for the D70 but at the same time I'll like to get a lens which I can use with film camera (F90s and N2000).

Already have:
    NIKON ZOOM AF: 24-50mm, 28-85mm, 75-300mm
    NIKKOR MF : 50mm 1.4, 105mm 2.5, 180mm 2.8

I'm on a budget of $150max and trying to get the most out of it.

My firts pick is a NIKON 18-35mm AF but right now is a bit out of budget for me.

on my budget and my choises are: Nikon 18-55mm AF-s DX (but I can't use it with film)
    and Tamron 19-35mm
    Plan B is skip the wider lens for now and add another prime glass like a Nikkor 24mm 2.8 or 85mm 2 AI or AIs.

Any other suggestion on my budget..!
    I'll like to keep a Nikon/Nikkor brand for my lens but I'm open minded right now.

Thanks in advance.
    cheers
    Juanjo

wanna see photos !

Re: what glass should I get next for the D70

If you've got deep pockets and HAVE to have a lens for digital and film camera's, then the Nikon 17-35mm f2.8 is the way to go. Only $1500 at B&H!

The Nikon 18-55mm is a decent lens from what I hear, and it won't break the bank. You just can't use it on your film bodies. The 18-70mm is another option.

Like you, I prefer lenses which I can use on my D200 as well as my N80 and F5. Since I don't have $1500, I'm looking at the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. Not that I have $450, but that's an attainable goal and I expect to have this lens in my bag before the year is out.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Re: what glass should I get next for the D70

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    If you've got deep pockets and HAVE to have a lens for digital and film camera's, then the Nikon 17-35mm f2.8 is the way to go. Only $1500 at B&H!

The Nikon 18-55mm is a decent lens from what I hear, and it won't break the bank. You just can't use it on your film bodies. The 18-70mm is another option.

Like you, I prefer lenses which I can use on my D200 as well as my N80 and F5. Since I don't have $1500, I'm looking at the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. Not that I have $450, but that's an attainable goal and I expect to have this lens in my bag before the year is out.
    Nikon 17-55 f 2.8, awesome clarity and good wide angle capability.

For zoom, Nikon 70-200 VR zoom, with a teleconverter, this one is awesome for the far off shots.

Good luck!!

Thread Information