Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>
    Paul

Question which shutter line to choose?

I would like to buy an Easytagger GPS to work my D2x, but I am confused on the shutter line. Should I choose Nikon shuttle release or the third party one?

Re: which shutter line to choose?

I haven't used used the Easytagger GPS and I'm confused by the "shutter line" you're referring to. I know the GPS unit has to plug into the camera somewhere, though. Does it connect through the camera remote shutter release port? And do you then also need a remote shutter release to make it work? Can you give us some more details?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

It comes with a wired release with it. You don't have to use the release if you don't want to. The camera will function just fine using it normally. The reason you have the option of the release is because it plugs into the 10 pin port where a release would go. They put a pass through on the GPS unit so you wouldn't lose that functionality if you needed it. I don't have one but I have researched it as I think it would be cool to be able to tag your photos when on vacation. I may get one in the near future.
    Nikon D300s with Nikon grip
    Nikon D300 with Zeikos grip
    Nikon D40x
    Nikkor 80-200 2.8
    Nikkor 70-300 VR
    Nikkor 18-55 Kit lens
    Nikkor 50 1.8
    Nikkor 35 1.8
    Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    SB-900
    SB-600

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dockrey
    It comes with a wired release with it. You don't have to use the release if you don't want to. The camera will function just fine using it normally. The reason you have the option of the release is because it plugs into the 10 pin port where a release would go. They put a pass through on the GPS unit so you wouldn't lose that functionality if you needed it. I don't have one but I have researched it as I think it would be cool to be able to tag your photos when on vacation. I may get one in the near future.
    Thanks for your reply, Ray. I really wasn't sure what to make of this post. It makes sense now
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Easytagger supplies a shutter release for free. Though it is a third party one, it is all right. I am using it with my D300 and D500, it is perfect.

Thread Information