Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Nikon D90 Preview And Studio Sample Photos

I just posted a preview of our upcoming Nikon D90 pro review. It's a short overview of the camera, including a little bit on the video functionality. It includes high-res product shots of the camera and full-res studio sample photos taken at all ISO settings. ISO 6400 looks great on the D90! It also has my awesome D90 unboxing video

Nikon D90 Preview >>

I promise the videos will get better
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Nikon D90 Preview And Studio Sample Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I just posted a preview of our upcoming Nikon D90 pro review. It's a short overview of the camera, including a little bit on the video functionality. It includes high-res product shots of the camera and full-res studio sample photos taken at all ISO settings. ISO 6400 looks great on the D90! It also has my awesome D90 unboxing video

Nikon D90 Preview >>

I promise the videos will get better

Been looking at this possible new "toy" - does anyone have a better review or experience yet with the D90? Heard from a local shop that the white balance is not what it could be . . . ?
    HirePhotographer.com - Facilitating and establishing a professional photographer for hire network.

I've had my D90 for about a month now, with the packaged 18-105mm lense. I do a lot of news photos and for that purpose, this rig is rock solid and nearly all situations. The 105mm zoom gets you close and if not, the 12.3 is so clear, you can photoshop to get closer. Not my favorite method, so I generally carry a few lenses in my bag.
    For outdoor sports in good light, I love this camera! Outside,for most casual photographers, just set it on the sports setting and shoot away. This camera is smart enough that you don't have to think much about it in this mode, which is the hallmark of a fine camera. Remember, you're the photographer, not the camera. For those of us who like to fiddle with things, this baby has got loads of high dollar toys.
    Without flash, which is the ONLY way to shoot sports, it will shoot around 4 fps. If you are ever going to shoot any sport inside, get a faster lense. 2.8's are more expensive, but it's still cheaper than unusable shots. Again, inside with a proper lense, the D90 is a fantastic camera in bad light, especially considering it's price. I carry a 2.8 24-70 and a 2.8 70-200 when I'm shooting indoor sports like basketball, volleyball or wrestling. The reason you don't use flash shooting indoor sports is simply a matter of distracting players. I shoot from the floor and flash isn't practical. Most high school gyms use the cheapest lights they can get, so prepare to experiment a lot to find what works. Get a good size memory card and fire away.
    It has some very user friendly features, such as the giant LCD screen and well laid out controls. A great feature that no one has talked about is the battery life. On a D90, it's superior to anything in it's class. This is nice because I don't need the powerpack bolted on the body, which adds a ton of weight. That means a lot on a long shoot.
    For the money, I would take the Nikon over the Cannon and spend the $1700 savings on lenses and a nice bag to store it all in.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HirePhotographer
    Been looking at this possible new "toy" - does anyone have a better review or experience yet with the D90? Heard from a local shop that the white balance is not what it could be . . . ?

white balance is superb. I find the Active D-Lighting turns itself on...Frustrating. HELP !!!

I'm still learning all the bells, whistles of this impressive camera.

Rick

Thread Information