Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Nikon D80 focusing problem fixed

I just want to share an experience with everyone just in case it comes up with your camera. Recently my D80 started trying to focus, the lens would move but when it stopped it would be out of focus. I tried different lens with the same results narrowing it down to a camera problem. I checked all the usual things like auto focus being turned on and the focus lock not being turned on and several other things. Last night I realized that if while I was pushing down on the shutter, if I also pushed on the AF-L button just to the right of the viewfinder that it would pop right in to focus. This would get it working but was unacceptable. I had looked through the entire menu and could not find anything that could be causing the problem.The bottom line is that I finally went in to the menu and pressed the RESET button and everything now works just fine. I have figured out many problems that have come up over the years on my D80 and D90 for myself and others but have never used the reset button to correct the problem. Now that you have read the answer to the problem you may be saying I would have tried that right at the start but I know that I didn't think of it first and believe a lot of others might not as well so I just wanted to share my learning experience so that maybe a few others may benefit, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Nikon D80 focusing problem fixed

Thank you, Jeff.
    I hope if mine ever has that problem, I'll remember your fix.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks Grandpaw. When you reset, did you lose all saved presets?

Quote Originally Posted by mudd
    Thanks Grandpaw. When you reset, did you lose all saved presets?
    The reset is in the custom menu and only effects the custom setting by changing them back to the default settings, the rest stay the same, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It must be a joke, I think. Do not even waste your time and resources on this stupid recipe, I am sure it will not work at all. I am from the UK, https://postcodefinder.net/. And in case we need something for the yoyo, it can be always found on a local forum. Or you can offer something to exchange it. This way you can save a lot of money and get what you want.
    Last edited by mewniiwks; 10-28-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Usually the most common reset will help. I used to take a lot of time to complete my homework. After I read this article https://writemyessay4me.org/blog/how...omework-faster, I spend half the time on my home building. It really works.

Thread Information