Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>
    My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

I'm finally getting my D70s

After more than a year of wanting a DSLR I finally get to order my D70s kit next Tuesday I could of bought it back in August when I sold one of my cars but I did the "right" thing and payed off some bills. But now with some help from my tax return and some birthday cash I finally get to place the order. I'm getting the kit off of B&H that has the body, 18-70 and 55-200 lenses I'm also getting an extra battery and wireless remote.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: I'm finally getting my D70s

Hi BMW Junkie!!! hehe... So...did you get your D70s yet??? If so, how do you like it so far? I really liked the D200 when I looked at it last week...wish I had the $$$ to get it...but got the wife the Pentax *ist DL instead.
    Look forward to your first posts with your new camera...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Hi BMW Junkie!!! hehe... So...did you get your D70s yet??? If so, how do you like it so far? I really liked the D200 when I looked at it last week...wish I had the $$$ to get it...but got the wife the Pentax *ist DL instead.
    Look forward to your first posts with your new camera...
    Ken
    Well, at the last min I decided to go Canon and got the 20D, I will get it tomorrow. I found from reading some reviews it works better for fast action and low light stuff which is what I like to do. The 20D with the 18-50 lens was the same price as the D70s with 2 lenses but I feel that in the end the Canon will perform better at what I'm going to be using it for. Plus one of my friends down in SoCal is a pro photographer and uses Canon stuff so he is going to sell me some of his used stuff at a good price.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

What?! You're in the wrong forum (might I say I feel a bit guilty peeking over here myself). Welcome to the other side.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Loupey
    What?! You're in the wrong forum (might I say I feel a bit guilty peeking over here myself). Welcome to the other side.
    LOL, well orginally I was going to stick with Nikon since I already have a nikon point and shoot digital and a N75 SLR. But like I said after some more reading the Canon is soposed to perform better fast action, I got to road corse car races 3-4 times a year, and work better in low light, I like taking twilight photos.

It's OK, you don't need to justify your reasons. WE know the TRUTH! Just give me your friend's number and a list of equipment he has

See my website HERE.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Ahhh...but now see what has happened...2 days after you bought your 20D...it's obsolete!!!! hehe....You could get a 30D for about $100 less and supposed to have some nice upgrades on it...check with who ever you bought the 20D from and see if you can cash it in for a new 30D...just a thought!!! hehe...And as for wrong forum...you still own The Good Cameras...so you are still welcome here!!! hahahahahaha...j/k....everyone is always welcome...even us new "Pentax" owners...hehe...But, I am still looking forward to your first shots with your 20D!!!
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Hmmm, a Nikon shooter with a Canon and a Nikon shooter with a Pentax?! Sounds like Nikon needs to work on customer loyalty

See my website HERE.

Pentax Forum Moderator

hehehe...loupey....actually...I started with Pentax MG film 35mm...went to a Kodak p/s digital...then to a Nikon p/s digital which are both about to have some shots posted on your thread of p/s shooters...hehe...The wife now has the new Pentax...and I'm still shooting the Nikon p/s..but....if the price is right...I will be buying Adina's 10D....as they say....Variety is the spice of life!!! hehe...I guess I'm just fickle!!!
    hehe
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Wink I guess I'm just fickle!!!

hehehe...loupey....actually...I started with Pentax MG film 35mm...went to a Kodak p/s digital...then to a Nikon p/s digital which are both about to have some shots posted on your thread of p/s shooters...hehe...The wife now has the new Pentax...and I'm still shooting the Nikon p/s..but....if the price is right...I will be buying Adina's 10D....as they say....Variety is the spice of life!!! hehe...I guess I'm just fickle!!!
    hehe
    Ken

You got that right!

You're all over the place.

But that's OK, we still love you.

;-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Ken, I admire you for your open-mindedness, really. I have this habit (good or bad) of finding a brand that works and sticking with them until I get bitten. I'm sure I've missed plenty of opportunities of getting a better price/more options/better features/etc.

I'm this way with computers, stereo equipment, watches, clothes, etc. Is it just me? Or am I just...Loupey!

See my website HERE.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Talking Re: I'm finally getting my D70s

Quote Originally Posted by Loupey
    Ken, I admire you for your open-mindedness, really. I have this habit (good or bad) of finding a brand that works and sticking with them until I get bitten. I'm sure I've missed plenty of opportunities of getting a better price/more options/better features/etc.

I'm this way with computers, stereo equipment, watches, clothes, etc. Is it just me? Or am I just...Loupey!
    Loupey...Thanx for the accolades...but it's not so much open mindedness as experience. Over the years I've learned that there is quality and then there is crap. I've also learned that you can get crap from quality and quality from crap, but if you stay with the quality companies, you can always get your crap fixed!!! hehe... Although I have not been an active photographer for very long, I have followed it for many years. I realize that we all have our opinions as to which are the best cameras, but I think way down inside, most of us would admit that any of the top brands are good buys. That being said, I then try to find the one I can afford. Naturally, I'd love to be able to afford the PRO stuff...but not on Social Security!!! hehe...I'm this way about my computers, my music gear, etc...Gateway vs Dell, etc. ...as long as I get the service they advertise...I got no probs, because I have my computers built to my specs...not theirs...hehe...
    Anyway, loyalty to a product is admirable and I'm sure the companies love it...I'm just loyal to quality and the money in my wallet....hehehehehehe...
    As for you being "loupey"...yep...ur the one and only....but as for me...I'm just totally "loopy!!!!!"...hahahaha
    Ken ;)
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Ahhh...but now see what has happened...2 days after you bought your 20D...it's obsolete!!!! hehe....You could get a 30D for about $100 less and supposed to have some nice upgrades on it...check with who ever you bought the 20D from and see if you can cash it in for a new 30D...just a thought!!! hehe...And as for wrong forum...you still own The Good Cameras...so you are still welcome here!!! hahahahahaha...j/k....everyone is always welcome...even us new "Pentax" owners...hehe...But, I am still looking forward to your first shots with your 20D!!!
    Ken
    I realize the 30D came out but all the sugested retail prices I have seen have been between 1400-1600 which is just out of reach with the budget I have. If money wasnt an issue I would of gotten a Nikon D200 kit but at almost double what I paid for the 20D it just isn't in the cards right now. And as far as the 20D being outdated I don't know about that, to me its more in how the user operates the equipment and not hopeing the equipment does the job for you. I thought about sending back the 20D and waiting for it to go on sale but it just isn't worth it for me for what I'm going to be using the camera for.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BMWJNKY
    Well, at the last min I decided to go Canon and got the 20D ...one of my friends down in SoCal is a pro photographer and uses Canon stuff so he is going to sell me some of his used stuff at a good price.
    Sounds like a good reason to go Canon.
    But can you wait a while to see if the 20D prices go down?
    Or can you wait until the 30D launch and buy something a little improved?

Longer shutter design life.
    Spot metering.
    Bigger LCD.

All things that aren't quite enough to encourage me to upgrade my 20D, but would persuade me to go for the 30D instead of a 20D if I was buying a new camera.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BMWJNKY
    I realize the 30D came out but all the sugested retail prices I have seen have been between 1400-1600 which is just out of reach with the budget I have. If money wasnt an issue I would of gotten a Nikon D200 kit but at almost double what I paid for the 20D it just isn't in the cards right now. And as far as the 20D being outdated I don't know about that, to me its more in how the user operates the equipment and not hopeing the equipment does the job for you. I thought about sending back the 20D and waiting for it to go on sale but it just isn't worth it for me for what I'm going to be using the camera for.
    Hmmm...interesting...everything I read the other day said it was going to come in about $100 dollars less than the 20D at $1399 body only and about $1499 with the kit lens (18-55mm I think). Oh well...it was just kidding around anyway and you are getting a great camera!!!! That's really all that matters.
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Hmmm...interesting...everything I read the other day said it was going to come in about $100 dollars less than the 20D at $1399 body only and about $1499 with the kit lens (18-55mm I think). Oh well...it was just kidding around anyway and you are getting a great camera!!!! That's really all that matters.
    Ken
    I paid $1230 for the 20D kit with 2 day shipping. Maybe B&H was blowing out the 20D's or I just got lucky and got a deal on mine. Well, anyway my 20D showed up while I was at lunch and now that I finally have it I don't think I'm going to send it back.

Thread Information