Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Wild Hubiscus ? closeup

i am new here.i dont know if its right forum to post macro/flora.this shot i took many months ago in near by village.it looks like some species of hubiscus?? grows wild along.if any one knows tha correct name,tell me. tha partial focussed flower i did on perpose,also it was not posible to raise aperture while handholding tha cam,i wanted to keep shutter as low as up to 1/200 only.

handheld
    f2.8,1/200,105mm
    Last edited by PallAnser; 11-20-2005 at 02:14 AM.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Wild Hubiscus ? closeup

Very nice picture, especially hand held!!! Naturally it probably would have been better using a tripod...but then again...we don't live in a perfect world and have to get what we can, when we can. I really like this and YES, this is the appropriate venue to post this type of pic. There are other places as well, for example, the Macro Gallery, the Critique forum, or even the "Viewfinder" forum. Welcome to the PR and I look forward to many more photos from you.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PallAnser
    i am new here.i dont know if its right forum to post macro/flora
    Flora/ Fauna... macro,landscape , wide angle, telephoto.... ALL are welcome here!

This image is quite nice too!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Smile Re: Wild Hubiscus ? closeup

thannks paul and ken,i will try taking some later shots with tripod to get more DOF.

Hi PallAnsner. I like that photo. It has a lot going on with the complex colors and textures. The hibiscus is sometimes difficult to shoot handheld and have a lot of DOF. I know from trying. I'm pretty new at this too. They are a beautiful flower and worth spending some time with though. Here is one I shot handheld. I was not able to spend any time doing a manual exposure so this was done with auto settings. DOF came up short but the colors were good.

K/M DiMAGE Z6, 1/80 sec, f4.5, ISO 50, Super Macro mode.

Jim
    "Funky Monkey" tops the charts at MacIdol.com for over 60 months.
    Listen to my music here.

Thread Information