Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>
    Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Spring has officially arrived!

It's finally getting warmer around my parts. The ponds and marshes are still frozen over but the first red-winged blackbirds have already started arriving. Won't be long before thousands descend on my particular marsh.

Not a good shot but since I haven't posted anything in a while here, I might as well make it my first '09 RWBB.

And I'm sure you haven't seen the last of my RWBB shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spring has officially arrived!-spring-.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: Spring has officially arrived!

Good news Hoping for spring here too... Nice shot, lovely light!

How's your arm coming along???

Mette
    My Sony Alpha 700 and I have been joined by a Tamron 200-500mm

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Nice find Loupey. This post inspired me to take the back roads home from work yesterday. I didn't see any RWBB's, but it sure felt like spring. We hit 60 yesterday!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Very nice shot Loupey, and I envy you. It was -30C here this morning and I spent yesterday digging out from under our latest storm. Of course the more snow the better for our dried up sloughs...

Thanks guys. We hit 70 yesterday and should hold that today too. But I am sure we still have at least one more substantial snow fall before the end of March.

Last year almost to the day we had over 20" of snow in a 24 hour period. I tried to make it out to shoot but we were under a snow emergency and I only risked going to a nearby park. Would be cool to see RWBB in snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Dragonfly
    Good news How's your arm coming along???
    The cast came off last week and the arm is still bruised, stiff, and sore. The movement that causes the most discomfort is the twisting motion that comes from focusing. The doctor said that both forearm bones were fractured (not one as I had previously thought). Thanks for asking.

See my website HERE.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Sweet! I heard two killdeer last night at 2am(3am)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

So, I guess you didn't take it off before time as you though you might? Probably a good job, you didn't by the sounds of it!!! Must be really good to get rid of the cast though. I am still amazed at the quantity and quuality of your shooting while wearing it

Mette
    My Sony Alpha 700 and I have been joined by a Tamron 200-500mm

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    Sweet! I heard two killdeer last night at 2am(3am)
    I've heard reports by others in my area that they started seeing killdeer a few weeks ago. I saw my first of the seaon (actually several of them) a few days ago. Seems way early - a shot of them in the snow would be unusual as well I think.

See my website HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Dragonfly
    So, I guess you didn't take it off before time as you though you might? Probably a good job, you didn't by the sounds of it!!! Must be really good to get rid of the cast though. I am still amazed at the quantity and quuality of your shooting while wearing it

Mette
    Thanks, Mette. Actually I got in a bit of trouble with the wife when she found out I cancelled my appointment a week before. Although the nurse laughed at me when I did it, the wife promptly rescheduled my follow-up.

I'm sure the staff was waiting to see who this nut was - the doctor asked me what I did for a living

See my website HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupey
    I've heard reports by others in my area that they started seeing killdeer a few weeks ago. I saw my first of the seaon (actually several of them) a few days ago. Seems way early - a shot of them in the snow would be unusual as well I think.
    In my area, red-wing black birds have been here for a while. I think I heard killdeer, too, a couple of weeks ago while out. Not very long ago, local birders reported some lone swallow. Oh, Anna hummingbird has been witnessed and photographed already, too.

And I thought I was north of you guys

Nice catch, Loupey !

Thread Information