Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>
    Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Mesmerizing Median

You know, those small triangular flower displays at the entrance of parks.

As I walked by one, I caught sight of a very cool plant which was completely overshadowed by the other colorful flowers. I took a few of just the plant thinking of emphasizing the patterns and textures. But I figured I better wait for some bugs too.

So there I stood, half on pavement and half in the median for a long time watching the same cars go by waiting for the bugs to land on it. Turns out that bugs must not find this plant too exciting. I caught these 3 half-willing models on it. All with the 300mm with a combination of tubes. Images in the order captured.

Then it started raining really hard and I ran.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mesmerizing Median-07-17-07-cool-plant-1.jpg   Mesmerizing Median-07-17-07-cool-plant-2.jpg   Mesmerizing Median-07-17-07-cool-plant-3a.jpg   Mesmerizing Median-07-17-07-cool-plant-3b.jpg   Mesmerizing Median-07-17-07-cool-plant-3c.jpg  

Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: Mesmerizing Median

Totally rad series Loupey very original , Love them all . Think I'm gonna start looking at plants more often
    Nikon Samurai # 24

( The hiker's creed. )

Take only pictures, Leave only footprints, Kill only time.

Thread Information