Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

geophytes rock this world!

Hi

I love geophytes. I would like to put here 3 pictures with some Polish geophytes - little flowers that have bulbs and can survive hard times thanks to them.
    Here are some general landscapes with geophytes
    I would also like to ask people who put here their photos if they know some other geophytes than white Anemone nemorosa that can be seen on 2 of 3 my pictures and yellow Ficaria verna. OK. Another plant that can be seen on one of my pictures is ivy (hedera helix). It is a protected plant in Poland.

What geophytes do you have in the countries where are you writing from?
    Do you have their photos?

Thanks for your clues

See you soon
    green_me.

Name:  spring1.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  spring2.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  spring4.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  62.1 KB

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: geophytes rock this world!

Hi there and welcome to PR!

I don't know if many people actively seek a particular type of plant. That fact that you do is great and reveals your high interest in that specific variety.

The more photographed "geophytes" in our area are the tulips, lilies, and daffodils.

That second shot, btw, is very nice. A shot in the spring in the vertical (portrait) mode would be very pleasing.

Thanks for sharing.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Hello Loupey

Thanks for your nice comments . Well... everyone likes the second photo somehow. Not only you .

I have watched your gallery. You seem to be a professional photographer.
    I am not a professionalist. I take my pictures for my research. Or, being quite honest, I was taking them but these days I don't take too much pictures at all. At least not as much as earlier. Wow - simple things seem to be quite difficult. :lol:

Well..but what I am driving to is I have found very few Net forums where I could put my pictures with geophytes to ask people about wildlife in their countries. You know - if they saw some geophytes around them, how many of them, if anyone took some pictures.... :idea:

Thus I put my geophytes here though I know it is not the best place for them probably .
    Ok. But thus at least I can know if people like my pictures. I don't take them for professional reasons. But I think it is nice to meet professional photographer and have his opinion. Thanks

You, for example, have taken a lot of pictures with animals. I always admire those photographers. Really. :thumbsup:

It is very difficult to take a good shot of a moving object.

Of course I have many other pictures - I am going also to post some of them here soon!
    These are pictures with Polish non-forest landscapes (mostly).
    Also taken for non-professional reasons but maybe they are worthy something ...who knows? :idea: I am very glad I have found this forum.

Ok. These things soon. In the meantime two other Polish geophytes :yesnod: . Wow - I think when someone has a better camera than mine and better skills (no doubts) probably (s)he will find some geophytes to take more interesting pictures than mine , you know...
    I am really wishing it!

What do you think about this idea?
    When you are writing from US I know some geophytes are even symbols of some states there. So there are plenty of them there. Not only in gardens. Really

Cheers

green_me

Name:  hepatica_triloba.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  Scilla_bifolia.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  51.6 KB

ps. I forgot to write that the first geophyte from the two pictures above is called Hepatica triloba and the blue field of geophytes has been created by Scilia bifolia.

See you soon
    green_me

heres the only pics i can find on my computer atm. not sure what kind it is, but im pretty sure it is one. they were taken in the state of Kentucky in the US

i know i have a few more (lilly of the valley and daffodiles) if i can find the pics on my external hard drive. im sure i have others but don't know they are geophytes (which is a new term for me)- possibly trilliums?
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

Hi

Well...the blue pictures are great. In Poland such geophytes don't occur (I am rather sure).
    Soon I will try to write you the name of the flower if you care.
    The first picture is great. Congratulations!

Once I have taken a similar picture of one Polish geophyte but it wasnot any sun that day...so...hmmm... bit too dark (look first photo below this message).
    Besides I don't have similar pictures of geophytes
    I take their photos when they are in bigger quantities. To accentuate how many of them everywhere around.

As deals one-flower pictures I have shot one Dianthus once. A Polish pink flower that grows in sandy places (photo nr 2).

And the last picture with a ...caterpillar. I know it isn't a geophyte but I like this photo very much. I have one similar with a very rare Polish spider that is black and yellow - looks like a wasp. I have to look for it.

Mostly I take photos of landscape cause I have been writing a thesis about protecting landscapes. I am interested if these photos are worthy some attention.

I like the "photo critique thread" here.

I have to choose really something good to put it there.

See you soon
    Name:  a geophytee.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  Dianthus carthusiorum.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  25.4 KB

Name:  a caterpillar.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  23.3 KB

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_me
    Thanks for your nice comments . Well... everyone likes the second photo somehow. Not only you .
    It's the combination of the soft meandering terrain and the rather stark-looking trees which give it a unique look. I'm not sure what kind of sky would be best suited for this scene. Perhaps even a black and white image might be suitable. But definitely a vertical image.

Play around with the area in the spring time. But don't lose that zig-zag pattern.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Hi

Thanks for the comments
    Please write something about my pictures from "photo critique" forum

Thanks in advance

heres some lilly of the valley shots

check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

Nice shots Fine Geophytes are really great

here are my 2 Hepaticas. I like Hepatica very much though I found them only few times in my whole life Cheers

Name:  Hepatica_triloba (hello spring).jpg
Views: 330
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:  Hepatica_triloba2.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  27.7 KB

g.

Thread Information