Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Familiar faces

Familiar faces

I have'nt had much bird variety to photograph recently along with a very busy time with my dog grooming business which is very frustrating having a new camera to play with, hopefully im getting out saturday for new prey!

I know i have posted similar shots of my little mate "Chippy" but he made an appearance today after a spell of absence which cheered me up and my lady blackbird also comes on a regular basis whilst she is feeding her young, so this gave me an opportunity to get the camera out to practice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Familiar faces-forum-1.jpg   Familiar faces-forum-2.jpg   Familiar faces-forum-3.jpg  
    "Live Life to the full, theres no rehersals"
    www.bevbarkerphotos.com
    www.k9imageworld.com

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: Familiar faces

These are all great images, but I think the reason your images look different is your camera settings. You need to find the right ones with trial and error. I know it tok me a month of slight changes to get mine where I was happy.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    These are all great images, but I think the reason your images look different is your camera settings. You need to find the right ones with trial and error. I know it tok me a month of slight changes to get mine where I was happy.
    Thanks Paulnj, can you give me an idea on what you mean they look different? this may help me on getting the right settings, do you mean over exposed?
    www.bevbarkerphotos.com
    www.k9imageworld.com

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Well unless you lighting was heavily overcast, these images seem less saturated, not as dense, and a bit darker than your typical 20D files. They are by no means bad images, they just have a different look to them.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Love that second image with the extension of the wing. Very nice job.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    Well unless you lighting was heavily overcast, these images seem less saturated, not as dense, and a bit darker than your typical 20D files. They are by no means bad images, they just have a different look to them.
    It actually was quite overcast but i can see what you mean about the saturation, il fiddle around and see if there is any improvements. Thanks.
    www.bevbarkerphotos.com
    www.k9imageworld.com

Thread Information