Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Deer at the Park

I spotted this one at Twin Falls State Park, Pineville Wva.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deer at the Park-twin-falls-deer-custom-.jpg  

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: Deer at the Park

I know all to well how getting tight images isn't always a posiblity(where they subject or gear being the problem)

With that said, might I suggest putting her more off center to the right for a more pleasing composition. Also the camera appears to have been tilted, but that could be the shooting angle.

I think your image is quite nice though, so don't think I am saying otherwise.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Deer at the Park

The landscape of the picture is naturally tilted, as you can see the Deer is pretty much straight. It probably could use a slight adjustment. I took this shot sitting in the middle of the road in my Explorer, so I was in a hurry not to block any traffic. I was not thinking about the rule of thirds at the time, I just wanted to get the shot before the little guy ran off. I really do appreciate any comments, I thought that I needed to explain the situation I was in to get the shot. Thanks for the reply Paulnj.

Thread Information