??????

www.SteeleExposures.com

Hey folks,

I just finished building my own website. I taught myself everything from writing HTML to adding shoping carts and finally publishing. I would appreciate it if you guys could review the site and give me some feedback. Perhaps anything you think could be changed for the better or possibly a mistake I missed along the way. The one thing I still havent fixed is the song on the home page. The song should start playing when you first open the site however it will only play when you refresh the page or visit the next time? Any ideas?
    heres the link www.SteeleExposures.com
    [FONT="Tahoma"]Imagine the escapes and engagements nature reveals with her passing light.[/FONT]www.SteeleExposures.com

Re: www.SteeleExposures.com

Very nice, clean design. The photography is great! The song did not play for me. I'm using Firefox right now and I did not try refreshing.

Hope you don't mind me moving your post. It's a better fit on our Internet and Web design forum. If you want to introduce yourself then ViewFinder is perfect. But if you're really looking for feedback on your site, then this forum is the correct place to post.

Welcome to PhotographyREVIEW.com! Hope you'll stick around and share with us. Some of us will be in Las Vegas for PMA, in March. Maybe we can have a little get-together...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Brendan, welcome... that's quite a smooth site you got there....

In order to be able to help you out better, i would like to know a couple of things....

1- What software did you use in building the site?

2- Is the music in the flash or in HTML?

The reason i ask, is because i viewed the source page, trying to find where the music is... and couldn't....maybe i missed it, maybe its in the javascript....or the flash in either case, knowing the extra details would be better.

Cheers,
    Marc

EDIT:

homepage_player.swf is the music that you are playing and it is giving you issues: By playing the flash player on its own, i got a splash page that LOADING MUSIC and then the music began...

My opionion is since there is no graphics in the swf file (if there are i suggest you remove them), place it at the top of the "body" in your HTML... thus allowing it to load, without having the javascript affect it in anyway....

I believe the reason it is playing after refreshing or on second visit, is simply due to the fact, that js has to load before it plays or allows the swf to play, as such, upon completely loading the script....the browser, having read all the lines....flash doesnt load....and hence when the script is run....the flash is still waiting for the browser command to play...I may be mistaken in my assesment....i'm sure there will be those who will correct me if i'm wrong!
    Last edited by MarcusK; 01-27-2007 at 02:27 AM.
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

??????

Marc,

The music is in the flash. I used notepad to edit the HTML for the site. The music needs to load onto the users computer before it will play, however I want the music to play once the page is opened. I found a way to do this but I need to convert the mp3 to ASCII with a raw file extention and place it in a seperate real audio folder. Im still working on this.
    [FONT="Tahoma"]Imagine the escapes and engagements nature reveals with her passing light.[/FONT]www.SteeleExposures.com

Well if that is the only issue, then you have a command missing, the one that tells the flash file to play once loaded... it does not take much for the file to load anyway...

Do you know how to add the loader script? or do you need help with that one! Althouhg that doesn't really solve the issue of the music playing while the page opens...
    Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information