Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Web hosting recomendations

I'm looking at finally getting my own website, and I've been looking around at a few different web hosting sites.

What are the hosts you are using, and what do you like/dislike about them?
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Re: Web hosting recomendations

GoDaddy.com

I've been using them for many reasons, when i first started a couple of years ago, they were the cheapest, and their interfaces were a little unfriendly....

But now, just about anyone, from pro web designers, to completely novice....can use their interface easy....and they have some interesting templates....

As for their support and follow up....great.... no complaints there.... you could call just so they guide you through the steps of whatever you need...

Their offers are the best anyway...;)

If you need any help setting up the site, just msg me...or post in here again...

Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

If you have an ISP, try them.
    Most ISP's give about 10 MB of space and somewhere from 1GB to 4GB of bandwidth a month, per user name.
    The URL will be something like ISPname.com/!yourusername/filename, which you can have forwarded and masked so people looking at your site will see yourdomain.com and will have to type that in as well.
    You can do it through Go Daddy for $9 or so a year, plus your monthly fee to your ISP.
    It's a cheap way to go.
    Good Luck!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Well I ended up getting a site at www.lunarpages.com, recommended by JSphoto.

So far its been very good, site was up within a matter of hours.

Now I get to learn HTML, and all kinds of fun webstuff. I'll be using Adobe Golive that I got with my CS2 package for site editing.

There isn't much on there now, but my site is www.scottmosherphotography.com
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Scott, one comment i would give regarding the website, is the open in new page command for your links.... with the patience of users dropping fast, you dont want to have that....but rather links that open in the same page so as not crowd the users screen with windows (or tabs pending what their settings are)

Other than that, its nice and simple....i like it!
    Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information