Streaming Videos as Webcam

Hello

Is it possible to stream an AVI ("any" video) file just like a stream of a webcam? My camera is dead and I'll participate on a video chat. I need to send a video file just like a real webcam-captured image.

If this is not the right place to ask this question then please guide me where to post this?

Thank you and Regards

Re: Streaming Videos as Webcam

Hello

This might not be the right place to ask this question but luckily I know the answer (or at least I think I know … lol ).

Try Fake webcam or webcam simulator. Fake webcam is free I guess. I plays video files on webcam applications like yahoo messenger etc.

Let me know if you need further info.

I use fake webcam for this purpose. It’s just a tiny program that does it all.

Fake Webcam

Use fake webcam to play you pre-recorded videos on instant messengers (Yahoo, MSN, Paltalk, camfrog etc) while chatting. It can even broadcast one single movie to all the messengers at the same time.

Pretend like a teenage girl or a 50 year old male, your chat mate wont be able to figure out that its not you.

It enables you to:
    * Play pre-recorded videos without even having a physical webcam.
    * Shared your video clips with family and firends through your instant messengers.

You can download it from
    http://www.fakewebcam.com/download/setup.exe

Caption:

You cant really do live streaming. As it would take a lot of cpu and would screw up the server/domain. Sorry to disappoint. The best thing is to pre record it then put it up!
    Hope this helps!!
    My User Bars FREE TO USE!

Thread Information