Site is up and running

Well, I didnt expect it to take as long as it did, but I have made my own photoblog using pixelpost. I'd like to hear your comments about the site, navigation, colors, dead links? (hope not ) Another question I have is, a new name. The current domain name is WheresMyHippo.com, howver I feel like this doesnt really tell anything about the site, and its kind of a silly name. I have come up with 2 new domain ideas and they are,
    f16sunny.com
    or
    mybadeye.com

im leaning more towards f16sunny, howver I'm not sure if the domain name leads people to believe all I do is shoot on f16.

and before I forget, the link:
    http://www.wheresmyhippo.com/pixelpost

Also, if any other photographers would like to exchange links, id be more than happy to.
    Last edited by Hippo; 03-11-2006 at 08:00 PM.
    ===============

My Photoblog!

Re: Site is up and running

Domain names aren't easy to come up with because when you do, they are usually gone anyway. Try and think of something that relates to your type of photography maybe and make variations from that. Many photographers just use their own names as the domain name, as it makes it easy for people to find them.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hi Hippo, just looked at your site. It looks very nice. I did have one problem though. The links at the bottom of page appear to have a problem with linking the graphics for the buttons. All I get is a red x and the words "photoblogging" and "random"
    Other than that...looks good!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Nice job, its simple and pretty easy to navigate. The focus is definately on the photos themselves. Images #14 and #19 are my favorites.

I do see 2 small issues:

When I hover over the navigation links in the top bar, I think the color is changing to black and they disappear over the black background. Might want to change the hover color there.

And while the navigation is good (I like having the thumbnails below to see what's coming up), there's no way to go forward or backward by more than 2 photos as it is setup now. Maybe having links that go to the start and the end of the slideshow would help.
    30D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 300 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 10-22, 85 1.8, 580EX
    Web Designer & Developer
    www.erikhagen.net
    www.callutheran.edu
    www.clusports.com

Kevin, off to a good start. i like the Hippo name, but might think more of something like photohippo or hippovision. Anyway, thats entirely up to you, I'm not too crazy about the other ones you were thinking of.
    I also find the issues that Ken and eckstasis16 mentioned. I also notice that when I'm on your about+links page, and I want to go back to your homepage by clicking on your name in the upper left corner, it opens a new window with your website. This should be an internal link and not open the new window but rather just bring me back to your homepage. I then had two windows open with your website in both. I like to open a new window if I'm directing a viewer to another site (external link) but for internal navigation i do not think opening new windows is a good idea.
    Keep making your tweaks and adjustments and over time you will have it as you like. I have found that out as well with my site from the good help here on this board.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information