Redesigned website...

Do you think this is easy enough to navigate? I mostly target the real estate industry, which seems to have many (not all) realtors who are not very computer savvy. I attempted to make it as easy to use as possible, and fast loading too. Take a peek? I'd love opinions!

http://fabledphotography.com
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Redesigned website...

Hey Janie. The site looks great. Very clean, organized, and simple to use. I think users of all computer abilities will find their way around easily.

My only concern has to do with mixing your real estate work with your personal, creative work. I'll admit it seemed a little out of place to see a girl on a beach in a bikini next to pictures of homes' interiors. If your customers don't mind, I guess it's no biggie, but I thought I'd just mention it.

Your work looks great, btw!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to seperate that out, which is why I made two seperate galleries. I need to do some more business portraits. I actually need to add some photos from the catalog shoot to it, but can't decide which ones I like best for it. I actually need to figure out where to add the link to my fine art photo shopping gallery at http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Very nice. Well layed out and easy enough to navigate.

I did have one issue. When I moused over Architectural without clicking and Photos expanded from that there were no pictures when I clicked on Photos. There were only forward, back and up buttons. The up button took me to the photo gallery. The forward and back buttons did not work. Some may find that confusing. I am doing this from work where I am using IE7. I will check again from home with IE6.
    We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.
    Edward Gibbon

Canon T2i
    Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
    Canon Speedlight 220EX

newbie at sports photography

clean site. I agree with some of the earlier comments but I'd add that some of your jpgs are higher then 72 DPI. I would suggest resampling the pic to 72 since anything extra just slows download speed. Also, I'd suggest you put some thought into the header. It's currently too narrow for the text and stops adbruptly on the right side. I might suggest something a bit more developed. You have some wonderful pics and are clearly creative so you might look at changing the header a bit. I know you just asked about the navigation (which is good) but I thought I would mention how much of an impact the header has on a webpage.

Sorry, couldn't find where my post went! I didn't post in in here because i knew it wouldn't get a whole lot of replies all that quickly. I've changed the site 3 times since I posted this! lol Oh well. Thank you anyway! I'm playing with a flash flip book but i think it will take way too long to create. argh.

Member:

It looks very nice.

I like the narrow - near 800 pixel width - pages. Stretch to fit pages distort or spread text to wide on many large monitors.

My personal preference is centered pages. That's the only part that I would enjoy more, rather than the left aligned page.

Maybe it's because I have a 21" monitor and it leaves a huge blank background on the right.

But, in general, it's a fine looking website.

Thread Information