Thread: Tripod ?

Tripod ?

I opened an account with Tripod and made me a web page, later I decided to purcash a domain name. How do I get me site to transfer to my domain?
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Tripod ?

you need to transfer your pages, images, etc to your new hosting server. If you have a local copy of your pages, etc just upload them. If not, you will need to get the source code from your current site by right-clicking on your page and selecting "view source" from the menu. that will give you the text of your page and allow you to save it locally for upload to your new server.

Make sure you update your links so they point to your new address. Also, while you don't necessarily need to update DNS, placing a redirect page on your old tripod web space would not be a bad idea.

Re: Tripod ?

Thanks, I am up and going it seems. I am new to web sites, domians and ect... Thanks for your help...
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information