Thread: Photo Web Sales

Photo Web Sales

I've had some recent interest in some of my pictures... is there anyplace anyone can recommend online that will handle everything? As in host pictures, print the items and ship them?
    I guess what I am saying is... I want to be able to set prices for me to make a modest profit on each item (strictly so I can buy more photog equipment) but let someone else do the work (oh that sounds bad). My reasoning for this is that I am still a hobbyist and have a full time job so I don't want to have that extra hassle right now.
    I looked at smugmug as a possibility but they want around $150.00 for a year account. I'm not familiar with their print quality so I am apprehensive to try them at that cost and end up with unhappy customers. Can anyone recommend anyplace? or suggest another method of doing this?
    :idea:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Photo Web Sales

I have never used a service like this, but have heard of a few. Smugmug was one of them. ShutterlyPro also offers a service like this.

www.printroom.com also offers this type of service. I'm not positive, but I think they have a free version, and a pro version that you pay for. Better double check that tho. I know Photo John has used them before.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

I've got an Exposuremanager account that does what you'd like to do. Mine is $70 (I think) a year for unlimited storage, and you can either have it set so they handle all payment stuff, then you print & ship, or you can upload photos & let them take care of everything.

I've been extremely happy, and in the few times they've made a mistake they have been very fast at correcting it.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

photoreflect.com

it's free. It's good for people who don't know about how much business they are going to get. they take a percentage of your sales, which is annoying, but if you don't sell a lot it'll be cheaper than using a site that charges a monthly/yearly rate.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4lax09
    photoreflect.com

it's free. It's good for people who don't know about how much business they are going to get. they take a percentage of your sales, which is annoying, but if you don't sell a lot it'll be cheaper than using a site that charges a monthly/yearly rate.
    I think that is exactly what I am looking for... low start up cost etc. Have you worked with this site? Is it hard to use the print shops they have linked to the site? I just want to make sure I can make some type of profit off these, so I can get started up. I am also hoping to eventually find the time in my life to do this properly.
    :idea:

Thread Information