New Website Online

Hello Everybody
    I would appreciate if you could have a look and let me have your comments and any suggestions for improvements. My html is a bit like reading the A_Z of London so please excuse.
    Many Thanks in advance.
    Tom

www.overbeyond.com
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Re: New Website Online

I liked the way the first few pages kept the background there without changing but then all of a sudden after thumbnails3 it changes design.

The first page, on a large monitor is hard to read with the text spread across in long lines of text. I would use the tag pre to layout the test more like you would in a book, making the line lengths about 10 - 12 words max width, that way if someone with a large montior (me) opens up the pages, then they won't be moving their heads and eyes so far to read, it actually becomes difficult and uncomfortable. Hence why most things are 10 words wide with reading (in my experience that is). If you move the browser window on the right inwards and watch the text you will see when it becomes more appealing to view.

You need to indicate where to select to move between the pages, just having the three buttons on the same/similar colour background makes it hardish to see, think of people that might be slightly vision impared as well when designing things, bring colours that stand out and make links obvious in my opinion are always good starts.

Thanks Peter.
    I'm not familiar with the pre tag;could you explain with an example please.
    Thanks for the hint about the colour of the links images colours. On my monitor they seem pretty fine but you are right indeed that they should be bolder to facilitate impaired vision.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

The pre tag allows you to setup a paragraph the way you want it to look and then the browser doesn't do anything to resize it.

This is some text with the pre tag around it that will show you how
    it looks on the screen with very long lines in it that have been displayed
    the way I would like the paragraph to be displayed. If you didn't use
    them then the display would just go right across the screen and be
    hard to read like normal no pre tag use at all.

This is the same text without the pre tag around it that will show you how it looks on the screen with very long lines in it that have been displayed the way I would like the paragraph to be displayed. If you didn't use them then the display would just go right across the screen and be hard to read like normal no pre tag use at all

Thread Information