Thread: My new site

My new site

I am in the process of moving my site. I have found a web hosting company where you can store full sized images and also offer them for sale. It's also really fast and has great slide shows.
    http://cosmonaut.zenfolio.com/
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain

Re: My new site

Hey Greg,

It looks good, but unless I'm missing something the site isn't really designed to sell photos. It lets you order prints, but if I choose Mpix they're at the normal print costs for Mpix. In other words, I can order a 12x18 of one of your prints for $10.79.

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mig
    Hey Greg,

It looks good, but unless I'm missing something the site isn't really designed to sell photos. It lets you order prints, but if I choose Mpix they're at the normal print costs for Mpix. In other words, I can order a 12x18 of one of your prints for $10.79.

Danielle
    Selling the prints is a feature Zenfolio will be adding soon.
    Last edited by Greg McCary; 04-30-2007 at 08:05 AM.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Mig
    C8H10N4O2

I guess I don't understand what money you're getting. I buy the print for $10.79+tax/shipping, which is the money that Mpix gets. So where is the markup for you? I can't find anything in the FAQ referencing actually selling photos. I'm just concerned that your photos are sitting out there now for anybody to order prints without you getting a dime.

Edit: Ah, that makes more sense.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Mig
    C8H10N4O2

Oh and I don't know if you noticed, but people can also download the original full sized images right now. You may want to block that.

Danielle

Wow, Looks like that would have been a default setting. Thanks for letting me know.
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

Let us know when you make your first sale on here. Is it getting a fair number of views?

Thread Information