Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

I'm about to do a re-design. . .

. . . so I might as well find out what's wrong with the old one first! This is my first time posting in this forum so be kind as I'm a photographer not a web designer. I just get by so use small words please.

I used Freeway Express to design and maintenance my site for just over 2 years I upload my feature gallery using Transmit FTP. I have all of my portfolio galleries linked to and hosted through Shutterfly but I am interested in learning more about how I might host my own galleries so any suggestions there will be most appreciated. Right now I can keep up with one feature gallery a month off of Shutterfly but would like to move away from them entirely to more cohesively and professionally present my images.

Have at it! Here it is:

www.clicksphotography.net
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer

Re: I'm about to do a re-design. . .

CLKunst, I just had a look through your site. I like the look of it, has a professional appearance. The only thing that bothered me was that it took many clicks to finally get to a somewhat larger image. I think, though that this will be addressed when your next site upgrade hosts your own gallery.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    CLKunst, I just had a look through your site. I like the look of it, has a professional appearance. The only thing that bothered me was that it took many clicks to finally get to a somewhat larger image. I think, though that this will be addressed when your next site upgrade hosts your own gallery.
    That is indeed one of my most powerful motivators for doing this re-design. Thank you for taking the time to look Gary. I always appreciate your time and opinion. Any suggestions for gallery creation tools? I work with Mac and have used JAlbum and Photoshop's web album builder but would like still more control over the final design.
    Asheville Photographer

I have used Frontpage 2003 photogallery that was in the program, so I can't offer up any other suggestions. however, I too am considering looking for a nother gallery option and have been considering toying with Photoshops CS gallery. i understand there are elaborate software for galleries out there to be had, if someone could direct you an I towards them. Perhaps a search for "photo Galleries" ? I'll let you know if i have anything new to offer you.

gary

Quote Originally Posted by CLKunst
    That is indeed one of my most powerful motivators for doing this re-design. Thank you for taking the time to look Gary. I always appreciate your time and opinion. Any suggestions for gallery creation tools? I work with Mac and have used JAlbum and Photoshop's web album builder but would like still more control over the final design.
    CLK, Shutterman (Wes) has just given me a heads -up on a very cool picture viewer called Simpleviewer. check out my thread on this forum and you will see his link he included in his reply. I think you will like this viewer, and I will be looking into it as well to see if it will be compatible with my site.

gary

Thanks for the heads up Gary and for your response at large to my queries. I downloaded the software but haven't really had a chance to play with it yet. I've seen it's implementation on your site and I am very impressed with how fast it loads. Hopefully I can make it work as well for me.

Does anyone else have any input or constructive insight to share?
    Asheville Photographer

Thread Information