Lightbulb Help with printing

I am so new and can't do a thing without help although I have tried.
    Can anyone answer? Why would you want to download from your camera to the pc and not just use a photoprinter that stores directly to a cd? Is there any really good reason for one over the other?:idea: :idea: :idea:
    I am on a fairly new computer and use a fuji fine pix that comes with the usb and software I keep trying to reason it out....I have so many to print but am on the computer so much with other things that I have wondered if I shouldn't get a photo printer just so I can stay on the computer while they print....does this make sense. I really feel dumb for asking but i thought a newbie might be allowed a first dumb question.:

Re: Help with printing

well let me start by saying hello and welcome!

And no there is nothing dumb about the question! I mean everyone does indeed think about this issue, you could almost say that it is matter of business and profit!

But in any case, here's what i know of the issue:
    There is the need of an intermediary software in order to burn straight to CD or DVD!
    As for printing, as far as i know most digital cameras (point-and-shoot anyway) have a direct-print possibility from the camera.

Now i somehow feel that there still is some issue i missed about your problem, but downloading the images from your card to the pc, then burning them on a CD should not, on a fairly new computer, interfere with any of your other things. It takes 2-3 minutes to give the order to download...2-3 minutes to give the order to burn.... and the pc does the rest!

As for the photo-printer, well it truly depends on cost eficiency.... Get the price of photo papers, ink and the printer....and do the math to get the price of each print...compare it to a commercial shop, and then make the decision!

Hope this helps,
    Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information