Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Yashica T2 Contax T2?

I found a Yashica T2 on keh.com that i ordered tonight for a point and shoot and after searching hard i found a few for sale on ebay and the images of the camera do not match that of the Contax T2. My sister said that the Yashica one is the same verison pretty much but i was wondering is it the same camera with maybe a different lens or is the camera totally different from the T2 contax?

Thanks

Check the lens on the Yashica. The Contax T2 has the Carl Zeiss lens. The Zeiss lenses are high quality and capable of producing better photo's.

-Dave-

Yashica vs Contax

Yashica has always been the low-end line sold by whatever company owned Contax (Kyocera right now). If I remember correctly, the Yashica T2 was just an ordinary, chunky, plastic point-and-shoot. The Contax T2, on the other hand, is a beautiful metal camera with manual overides and a Zeiss lens. The only exception to the low-end Yashica rule wa the T5/T4 Super, and now the T4 Zoom. Those cameras were simple point-and-shoots, but they have a wonderful Zeiss lens. As far as I know, those are the only really special Yashica cameras.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks John i cancelled it after i found a pic of the T2. I plan to get a contax t2 or t3 in the future.

Thread Information