Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Why cant they make......... digital issue, lens

Why cant they make a digital lens matching set to cover the basic ranges that are used?

Nikon (that is the company I am familiar w/) makes but is not avalable a 17-55mm lens. To make a corresponding matching kit lens can they make a 55-135mm lens? In film format terms that would be 2 lenses in the 25mm-85mm and 85-200mm range. Well in their ablility to manufacture and at 2.8 f stop (pro quality I hope). And since these are "digital" and dealing w/ the smaller sensors the glass used should be smaller and hence less expencive to make!

Why dont they?

Any one have the mailing address to Nikon AND the the president's/CEO's name? I'll write them. Or better yet, address of Nikon in Japan?

Fat Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy
    Why cant they make a digital lens matching set to cover the basic ranges that are used?

Nikon (that is the company I am familiar w/) makes but is not avalable a 17-55mm lens. To make a corresponding matching kit lens can they make a 55-135mm lens? In film format terms that would be 2 lenses in the 25mm-85mm and 85-200mm range. Well in their ablility to manufacture and at 2.8 f stop (pro quality I hope). And since these are "digital" and dealing w/ the smaller sensors the glass used should be smaller and hence less expencive to make!

Why dont they?

Any one have the mailing address to Nikon AND the the president's/CEO's name? I'll write them. Or better yet, address of Nikon in Japan?

Fat Boy
    http://nikonimaging.com/global/index.htm ?

Thread Information