Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: whats the value

whats the value

in the used market in my neighbourhood

Hassy stuff

503CXi, 60CB, 80CF, 150CF, A16 back (older), A16 back (current), eye-level prism, 6 warming/cooling filters, 2 colour correction, 1UV, linear polarizer (all filters Hassy original), flash cords, 32e extention tube

All well used, except for the 60CB and A16 back. All glass appears clean. Used by professional photographer who has turned to digital due to demand.

how much you think something like this is worth?

Re: whats the value

If it's yours, I don't want to be the one to break it to you...

Here's what I'd do. Check KEH and see what they're selling it for. They're a store and offer a short warranty, so they'll get a little more than an individual seller. Also check the completed items on ebay which will likely be less. You said "neighborhood" so maybe it's worth something to deal face-to-face with someone rather than across the country with a stranger. I guess I'd average the prices and call it good.

This is, of course, based on everything working properly - shutter speeds accurate, etc.

Re: whats the value

yeah...from the look of things...knowledge, portfolios, etc. The item looks legit, which is important to me. I checked out the gear at his home, too, which gives extra assurance it isnt stolen. So I would pay extra, although, if I count in the insurance and shipping costs, it may be only a very small amount extra. Oh yeah...and in Canada, for some reason, everything is a bit more expensive in terms of cameras. Going to any camera store, and used equipment seems to go for more than the US (after exchange rate, which is really high for canada right now). And if I purchase from the US, I'll be dinged for duty and taxes. So....I guess it all evens out at the end?

Thread Information