Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

hard time adjusting my sharp lcd monitor...

ok i think im having a REAL hard time with my monitor seems i cant adjust it proplerly to view photos. I have a Sharp 19" LCD and when I adjust it it tends to be really dark or really washed out. if anyone can give me some settings for this monitor id appreciate it.
    the models a Sharp LL-191A-B

thanks
    todd

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Re: hard time adjusting my sharp lcd monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by stuntboy
    ok i think im having a REAL hard time with my monitor seems i cant adjust it proplerly to view photos. I have a Sharp 19" LCD and when I adjust it it tends to be really dark or really washed out. if anyone can give me some settings for this monitor id appreciate it.
    the models a Sharp LL-191A-B

thanks
    todd
    LCD monitors are notorious for being a bad way to view photographs. They are tough to calibrate (some can't be at all) and, as you noticed, the image changes as you change your viewing angle.

CRTs are very cheap these days. I'd suggest investing in one for photographs and movies and use the LCD for all the non-artistic efforts.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information