Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Wedding Photographers...whats in your bag?

Ok, so I have a little extra money to be spending on new equipment to boost my part time photography business, and upgrade some of my equipment. I shoot weddings and portraits (engagements and seniors).

I currently own a Canon 50D, 28mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 70-200 f2.8L USM, 430EX flash, 580 EX flash.

I have about $5k to spend. With it I am purchasing a Canon 5D Mark II. That leaves with a little less than $3k left.

What recommendations do you have to fill out my bag?

I am tempted to get the 24-70mm f2.8L but not sure. I prefer my primes and shoot with those about 80% of the time right now.

Tempted also to sell my 70-200 and replace it with the latest Image Stabilizer version.

the 16-35 F2.8 looks good too

Thoughts? Any glaring needs? Someone mentioned getting a 100mm Macro for those detail shots, but I have been doing fairly good doing that with my 28mm

Re: Wedding Photographers...whats in your bag?

actually, disregard. I figured if I stick with my non IS 70-200 (for now), I can afford the Mark II, the 24-70, the 16-35 and the macro lense and stay within budget.

Thread Information