Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: water proof?

Re: water proof?

Something like this should work very well. I have a much less expensive version of the same idea that I bought on ebay a few years ago, and it's come in handy a few times.

If your gear gets wet, it's best to leave it out of the bag when you get home. Take the lens off, take the batteries out and lens caps off - whatever you can do to help it completely dry out. Also, carrying a small towel in the car will help.

water proof?

I shoot at alot of sports events and when it rains the game still goes on. What can i do when it starts to pour? can the D70 handle rain? what about my lens can it handle rain also?

I shoot with a Nikon D70 with a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens

Re: water proof?

Quote Originally Posted by nickon
    I shoot at alot of sports events and when it rains the game still goes on. What can i do when it starts to pour? can the D70 handle rain? what about my lens can it handle rain also?

I shoot with a Nikon D70 with a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens
    The D70 is not weather proof. I've shoot in the rain but I was under a tent, and put the camera under my coat when I ran to the barn. Water is not good for electronics. If you cover sports for a living then you should consider purchasing a weather proof camera and lense.

Other Photographers have posted and use plactic bags and tape to make a camera more weather proof.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information