Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

View-screen question

I'm pretty new to cameras and the technology that they use, I have knowledge of wiring and utilizing diagrams and was looking for a simple yes, or no answer.

Does a camcorder view screen follow the same concept as a television? I'm going to embark on a project, the goal is wiring a basic web cam into a camcorder view screen.

So my question is, "Is it possible to wire a capturing device directly into the view screen from a camcorder (with the correct conversion).

+

=?
    Thank you for your time,

-Vard

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: View-screen question

Possible, yes, simple, no, direct wiring without conversion, no.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thank you very much sir, I have a bit of experience with wiring electronics from my time in the Army and feel that I could accomplish this, i just wanted to run the idea by those who are more familiar with cameras and technology.

Vard.

The problem is getting the information for the view screen so you can drive the screen. Some will take video but others need a digital data stream. It is doable but it may not be 1) cost effective or 2) will take to long.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Well time won't be an issue, Freygr, I'll have to look into the whole "digital data stream" concept. Basicly what I plan on doing it attaching a small camera to the end of a toy gun, and having a slim view screen attached to my helmet that I can flip down and view around corners. I'll search around for slim cameras that I can take apart and remove all the 'fluff', re-wire it to my liking.

Thread Information