Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: usb mode help

JackL

usb mode help

Hi all , just located this forum and can see that I'll be spending some time here. Hate for my first post to be a "help" one...but , can't enable the usb mode via the set up menu in my Fuji finepix S5100 . Just updated pc Finepix program but can't take advantage of it due to aforementioned problem . Was able to enable usb in the past , didn't change anything on camera,rest of set up menu works fine. New batteries didn't help..tried all I could think of...frustrated. Lots of good shots I can't e mail . Apologies if this is a dumb operator error , and thanks for any help or suggestions . I've tried Fuji website..no help.

Re: usb mode help

I'm not sure how much help I will be, but I also have a finepix (3100) and once in a while when you plug the USB cable in the computer it will not recognize anything.

Unplug and replug a few times (wait a few seconds before unpluging it) and see if the program pops up. You should see some harddrive activity (light flashing) if your computer has one.

Wife's computer has XP Home on it for your reference.

If this doesn't work, fire back with exactly what you are doing and trying to accomplish and we'll see if we can't be more help.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

JackL

Ahh , many thanks..all good. Followed your suggestion and can now enjoy my camera again . Thanks for the rapid reply ...off to e mail some shots .

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Jack,,,,I have a problem connecting my DSLRs to my computer via the USB port..The thought of connecting expensive electronic equipment to computers scares the Bejesus out of me..Am I being anal here??

I remove my CF cards and use a card reader to access my images..I find this method faster and a whole lot safer..

Jurgen
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Quote Originally Posted by yogestee
    I remove my CF cards and use a card reader to access my images..I find this method faster and a whole lot safer..
    I've heard of a lot more people bending pins in the CF card slots of their cameras than having their cameras damaged by connecting them to computers.

People plug expensive things into computers all the time. That's what the ports are there for.
    Last edited by Erik Stiegler; 04-03-2007 at 05:26 AM.

JackL

I agree with Erik , try usb ports before messing with pins..good luck

Thread Information