Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Thumbnail

GB1

Thumbnail

I've asked this question before but didn't quite get enough info to solve it.

It appears that my camera is embedding a small thumbnail of each picture into the picture itself.

But when I edit the shot, the thumbnail isn't updated. For ex, if I crop it in half then the thumb inside still shows the entire image. I am saving the cropped one as a new file, still no update.

Is there a way to force it to update the thumbnail in some photo editor, or maybe even remove it? With editors - PS, Corel, ? will do it?

THKS
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Thumbnail

I probably can't help anyway, but I think I those who can would need to know which RAW, how are you downloading, what software are you using to render and to crop, and how are you looking at it to see the imbedded jpg. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

GB1

Re: Thumbnail

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker
    I probably can't help anyway, but I think I those who can would need to know which RAW, how are you downloading, what software are you using to render and to crop, and how are you looking at it to see the imbedded jpg. - TF
    • No RAW, just JPG.
    • Downloading? Just connecting a USB cable to the camera and loading on my PC.
    • Usually Corel PhotoPaint to edit, but I believe I have the same problem with Photoshop CS2.
    • I notice it on my Palm Pre and some other apps that I can't remember right now.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information