Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Syncing raw files to iphone.

Let me start off by saying that I am not talking about syncing actual raw images and getting them displayed on iphone. Rather, I edit and convert raw images to sRGB jpeg, and they still don't display on iphone. 8-bit RGB at working sRGB colorspace, what am I missing?

Re: Syncing raw files to iphone.

I've never had any problem syncing photos to my iPhone. I usually just create a folder on my hard drive called iPhone and put the jpegs that I want to sync in there and then sync only that folder.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

I did it on my Droid but it doesn't sync rather drag and drop. But I do have a program called Podmaxx that allows you to transfer files without the Apple headaches of syncing. It is much easier to transfer files and I can use any computer that Podmaxx is loaded on. It is much faster than iTunes too.
    On iTunes there is a setting that you have to click before you can sync pictures. It is not clicked as a factory default so if you havent already that may be the reason.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I thought the syncing thing was going to be a drag too, but I realized the convenience of it - I can manage what goes in and out of my iphone even while its not connected, then next time it connects, it automatically adjusts with the changes made to the folder.

Anyway - what else could it require? Why isn't it reading the jpegs that came from raw? Any ideas?

So it's just the jpegs that came from RAW? That's kind of weird, I would begin to suspect your RAW editor then. I use LR and PSE.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

I converted in photoshop, it must be something in EXIF then.

I tried re saving the images with 'save for web' and it works now. Still strange, wonder if its reading something in exif and rejecting the image, as 'save for web' does strip the exif, which is the only difference it creates that I can think of (besides the changes I already applied).

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    I converted in photoshop, it must be something in EXIF then.

I tried re saving the images with 'save for web' and it works now. Still strange, wonder if its reading something in exif and rejecting the image, as 'save for web' does strip the exif, which is the only difference it creates that I can think of (besides the changes I already applied).
    I would say it's the file size or resolution of the image is to high. Saving for web resize's the image.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information