Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

stretched image files?

Just started using a new Samsung 906Bw 19" LCD monitor, and I'm noticing my images when displayed are 'stretched' in width--like funhouse stretched. I'm at a loss right now as to what to do. Any help?

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: stretched image files?

Its probably something with the display resolutions. If you don't mind getting your desktop icons possibly all messed, right click anywhere on your desktop, where there isn't an icon, select "Properties" , "Settings" tab, and play around with the screen resolution sliders.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Thanks jorge........I tried that. It seems to happen with only a couple of images.
    These people aren't nearly that wide. :blush2:

Quote Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    Just started using a new Samsung 906Bw 19" LCD monitor, and I'm noticing my images when displayed are 'stretched' in width--like funhouse stretched. I'm at a loss right now as to what to do. Any help?
    There should be a driver disk with the monitor - install the driver! And don't forget to set the display resolution to 900 by 1440 if it's a wide screen! Then if the images are still funny, you have to adjust the monitor. You need a square on the screen. Then you adjust the monitor, by finding the monitors on screen menu. Select the manual image adjust the horizontal and vertical size adjustments until the square is square and don't forget to save your adjustments!
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    There should be a driver disk with the monitor - install the driver! And don't forget to set the display resolution to 900 by 1440 if it's a wide screen! Then if the images are still funny, you have to adjust the monitor. You need a square on the screen. Then you adjust the monitor, by finding the monitors on screen menu. Select the manual image adjust the horizontal and vertical size adjustments until the square is square and don't forget to save your adjustments!
    Thanks frey....I did install the driver, but I guess I need to go back and check to see if I followed thru on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    There is no 900 X 1440 resolution available for this. I have the following resolutions:
    1280 x 720
    1152 x 864
    1024 x 768
    800 x 600

I switched resolution to 1280 x720, and it pretty much eliminated the horizontal stretching, but now it's a little vertically stretched.

I installed the driver....it's for the SyncMaster 931BW/906BW/931CW.
    Checked all modes, and never found the 900 x 1440 available.

Kind of lost here......anything I'm missing? Appreciate the help.

Problem solved. I had to update the graphic card, and reinstalled the monitor driver.
    It's all good. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information