Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

starting my own website need help!!!!

hi all, im just starting my own website to display my photos, www.drw-images.co.uk

i need help with setting up galleries on my site, ive heard alot about using a host gallery like pixelpost and a few others..

my isp host is go daddy but if u use there gallery people can buy copys of my photos and they get the money!!!

any ideas how to set up better gallerys for my site

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: starting my own website need help!!!!

Do you want to sell your photos from your site? I have heard good things about www.printroom.com for doing this. They take a cut of the price, but they do the printing and shipping for you. I believe smugmug does the same thing.

If all you want is a gallery to display your photos, you can create those very easily with some tools that are built into Photoshop. The galleries that I have on my site were all built with Photoshop's web gallery feature.

I believe Lightroom also has some gallery building feathers, but I haven't used LR yet.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Can't answer your question about the gallery building but I really like your work.

Here is my gallery http://quast-family.com/gallery2/main.php

the software is pretty easy to use - free - free is good .... can create hidden albums / protected albums .... albums within albums ...

Here is the site to get the software http://gallery.menalto.com/

Now if your looking to sell your photos ... Smugmug does display and sell your images for a fee - and now mpix has teamed with zenfolio and I believe does the same thing .... I like mpix quality better than smugmug ....

Hope this helps some ....
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

I use Zenfolio. There, the site holds full size images that can be sold at a price you chose to set. Or you can block downloads completely. If anything ever happens to my computer and my back up files all of my pictures will be safely stored with them.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

i tryed making the gallerys with lightroom2 let me know what you think (its still a bit rough around the edges)

www.drw-images.co.uk

I use zenfolio also and agree with WsW-WYATT-EARP mpix does an excellent job. The metallic paper adds a very special touch to photos. Anybody interested in a referral Code: ZTS-EZP-55Y you get $5.00 off, and of' course I get a $5.00 credit, (shameless plug). I love the unlimited space and with the premium account, I get to set my own prices, offer picture frames, floats and remove the Zenfolio logo. They maintain their servers on a regular basis and have added a few new features since I joined in Feb 2008. They have a plugin for Lightroom 2, but I haven't used it yet.
    Pentax K10D w/battery grip
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

Thread Information