Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question See Photo Error on 3 Photos

Need help. Pictures taken with D70 Nikon. Is this a camera error, corrupt file, any help would be awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: See Photo Error on 3 Photos

Have you checked for software upgrades to your camera's software. I remember reading about problems with the Nikon a while ago but can't for the life of me remember what the problem was.

Also take it to your local dealer and ask them if they know of these problems

Try here for starters

http://www.photographyblog.com/index...3_slr_cameras/

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by blmaddox
    Need help. Pictures taken with D70 Nikon. Is this a camera error, corrupt file, any help would be awesome!
    All of the photos show a JPG error. Is this happening with all your photos? Is it happening with all you memory cards? Are you using a card reader or usb from camera? Can you see the problem on the camera's LCD screen before the file transfer?

If could be a problem with the camera but it also could be a computer problem. If depends on your answers to the above questions.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

No this only happens with maybe 1 out of 150 photos. I have a new camera and still see it happen. I have a new memory card for my new D80, 2 GB SD chip. I usually utilize a card reader vs a USB to camera. Never noticed on LCD, but might be harder to notice on small screen. If it is a computer problem, any suggestions for fixing? Thanks!

Okay,

Troubleshooting your problem

New Camera and new card then they probably can be eliminated as the cause.

Have you any pictures on the card that still cause a problem? If yes

Is it always the same picture? Try to copy it again? Try using another USB port or if you are on a hub connect directly to PC or a different hub.

Try copying directly from camera and see if this is still a problem - if there is no problem then its a high probability its the card reader.

If it occurs from both then it is more likely to be the software used to copy the pictures. If this is the case then try to upgrade the software or re-install the software and see if it still happens. If your using explorer to copy try using the software that came with the camera or even lightroom beta from adobe.

If this still happens try another computer with your card reader if this fixes it then its definately your PC - then first off try a repair on XP and then reinstall all the photo software you use to copy from card reader then test again. If this works great if it doesn't then you may need to re-install PC from scratch.

Have fun troubleshooting - One tip is to keep notes of what you do so that you can ensure you test all possibilities.

Hope this helps.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital

Just wondering if my spiel helped you find the problem?

Roger

DSLR
    Digital

I reformatted my computer & I do like the Adobe beta recommended above. Still seems to be a problem randomly... I have an internal card reader & may try updating firmware... I will keep trying...

Have you tried to copy the images straight from the camera using the USB port? and if yes do you still get the same problem?

Roger

DSLR
    Digital

Here's a similar recent thread, maybe it will help you out.

Good question, only happens on one out of 200, so I will need to keep trying.... I have an internal card reader, so I have updated the drivers and firmware hoping this will help. Thanks!

Thread Information